What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

7mm mag 06

thats crazy!!

E_Catron

one night ma and a friend of mine decided to go cat fishing the nearest place to go that we did not need permission was the ocmulgee river (spring street in macon.. yea i know terrible spot!!)anyway. we parked and decided we would fish from a small sand bar thats just a few feet from the bank off to the side of the boat ramp. as we walked down the boat ramp we noticed a lot of paper lying on the ground as we got closer we could see a lot of blood on the paved boat ramp and on the paper was a lot of writing that seemed like some devil worship crap.. we decided to stay and fish but not without going back to the truck to get the .40 first!!!

and i found a bear track on my land while scouting. when i first saw it i could not identify it as any track i knew walked my land. dogs, bob cats, cows, deer, etc. will i started talking to a friend of mine who is more educated on track than my self (it dont take much) i described the track to him and he suggested bear! i told him he was crazy!! then he told me that they had seen brown bear at his hunting club that is not too far from my land soooo long story short i saw a bear track!

E_Catron

I found about 40' of galvanized chain rapped aorund three pine trees to make a triangle shape.It was about 20' off the ground I have no idea how it got there or why it would have been put up in the trees like it was.

could the chain have been put around the trees when they were smaller? still dont have a clue as to why you would put chain around the trees but could someone have used it to support a blind?

deerslaya1129

Saw a peacock walking through the woods in Southern Michigan.

My dad claims he saw a Panther near Clarks Hill Lake, in Lincoln County.

horsecreek

Walking down the road and came up on a track, looked like a GIANT TURKEY!! It was blowing my mind. I kept walking and seeing the tracks, turned the corner and an EMU was running away!!! Found out later that day,up the road from the club the guy had a few of them and one had gotten out.
I though I had a world record turkey wondering the woods when I came up on those tracks...

GeorgiaPineHunter

May not be weird, just kinda cool...
This past season I was in my stand and I got a little restless.
I got down and was following a deer trail, about 70 yards down the trail I look up and see an old wooden stand nailed in the tree.
It was all rotted up and stuff. At the base of the tree someone had carved their name into it.
It said: JFD Feb. 20 1855.
I thought it was pretty cool, I kept walking and about 10 steps later, I busted the 10 point I had been after the whole season.
I guess that guy knew it was a good spot.
Y'all know where my stand is going to next year...

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
In the middle of Pine Log WMA, I found a picture of a wedding from 1970(the date was in the corner). It was a solider and a young lady. I figure it fell out of a pocket or something.

Jarred

Hey 1776Flintlock is there a creek by your stand or lake.

slawdawg69

while dog hunting about two years ago we were waiting on a couple dogs or something and we saw a blimp fly over our club in clinch county !!!! pretty sure we didn't make espn !!!!

jaymax00

A lone grave site in the middle of no where, with a tombstone. I was alittle nervous climbing that tree that morning.

BuckinFish

Thought of this the other day while me and the lady went to a cabin in blue ridge. Back in '94 my brother, friends and I skipped school and decided to take a road trip up 575/515. We stopped at that Zell Miller scenic view and walked down a trail in the woods and found very small underwear and an empty can of petroleum jelly...we got the heck out of there!!

KMAS626

Well its not really wierd but just this past deer season, i was making my way to my stand for an afternoon hunt and there were two box turtles doing the dirty right in front of the steps to my stand. I have also found a machette stuck in a tree when i was little. I pulled it out and i am still using it today!

bcleveland

Walked up on a fox sound asleep on a clear cut on my way to the stand one afternoon.Stood there and watched him for a minute and he woke up yawned looked around and saw me and then turned inside out when he realized what I was. I was laughing to hard to shoot at him. That was 15 years ago and I dont know if he's quit runnin yet.

Timberman

I found a balloon while turkey hunting in Wilkes County that had a note taped on it that said if found please call this number. I did and it was from an elementary school class in McComb, Mississippi. They were studying weather and jet streams and such and had let balloons go and were plotting on a map where they travelled to.