What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

windermike

I found a weather balloon with the instrument package still attached one year in the middle of the Oconne National forest. Called the number on the back and the NOAA gave me the info to send it to them.

I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.

This is too funny. I know a guy a work that hunts the Oconne national forest. He save his wifes T-pons and takes them hunting with him. He said it really brings in the big bucks. I thought it was sort of nasty.

Ran across 2 leopard while hunting porcupine in a potato crop one night. Only had the BRNO .22 with us - and not nearly enough space in a single cab Toyota for all 5 of us. We got out of there pretty quick. One of the neighbors got them with his R1 if I'm not mistaken. We knew they were around....lost a few calves and 2 rottweilers to them between us and deaf Flippie next door.

This is too funny. I know a guy a work that hunts the Oconne national forest. He save his wifes T-pons and takes them hunting with him. He said it really brings in the big bucks. I thought it was sort of nasty.

Ever tried it? It works. And tampons are a cheap coverscent wicj too.

troutman34

I was hunting a club in Putnam County. These guys had been in the club for over 20 years. They talked about a stand by the "cemetery" that no one hunted anymore. My curiosity got the best of me and I hunted there one morning. Behind the stand you could see some head stones that were OLD. When I got down to check them out I started to remove the leaves from around the site. The headstones were in a circle. When I uncovered some leaves in the middle I felt something very hard. I had to dig out a couple inches of dirt and found a tomb with a General from the War of 1812. Pretty cool find.

weakie

last year i was hunting in a patch of woods surrounded by a development and I came across a small cemetary. It was from the early 1800's. Weird thind was that someone had dug up one of the graves. It had a big hole but the rest were untouched. There was about 20 headstones. There is no trail to it and it's in the middle of the woods. Then there is a hill adjacent to this plot and there are mounds of rocks stacked up. I'm guessing maybe 20 or so mounds. They are rocks about the size of a softball and smaller then a basketball and they are just piled up as if they were covering something, no design or any pattern. I cant figure out what they are for. I did a google search and still cant get a clear idea what they are. They are maybe 4-6 ft long by 3-4 ft wide and just kind of "mound" up from the ground. This spot is in the middle of the woods with nothing around it. I'm wondering if it used to be a plantation and the mounds are the slaves? Anyone have any thoughts as to what it may be?

Capt Gary

A new TV.

On my property in VA. A new TV all wrapped up in plastic.
Guess someone stole it and decided to hide it for awhile.
Turned it in to sheriff dept., they kept it for awhile and never had a report. I got it back. Worked great.

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
i once found a softball sized package in duct tape, inside was about 200 pieces of crack. when i was young i was hunting by my self on our family farm and took off to the backside of the land. i walked right in on a working moonshine still!

holler tree

heres a couple of mine. found a hanna montana ballon picked it up to throw it away when I came out of the woods and ended up with a song coming on and ringing through the woods. I had to tear it apart to get it to turn off. the other one is not mine but a friend and myself were squirrell hunting one day and he found a old pump winchester 22 proped up against a tree. it had been there a long time.

Twitcher

When I was young I found a big Bowie type knife sticking up in a tree. Still have it somewhere. Last fall I found a neighbor's cell phone in one of the fields. I called him and told him I would come by and give it to him.

nwgahunter

I found an arrow stuck about 15 feet up in a tree and it had definately been there for a while. I also found a cell phone in the middle of nowhere. Squirrels had chewed on the battery.

Outdooralm

Once I found a folding chair with gloves, hand warmers, and a empty box of 12 gauge turkey shot. I found a knife, a big carabiner, a bike, and a arrow stuck way up in a tree, O and we found a teddy bear and a barbie doll all shot up :bounce:. And one time we went to national forest and on the dirt road it said "caution military maneuvers in progress":huh: this was spray painted to a piece of ply wood which was nailed to a tree. They were on the entrants to the road and the exit. We hunted anyway :bounce: never saw anything, they were up all deer season. Anybody know what that was about?

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
i walked into a 5 acre pot plantation, inside a 5 year old clearcut. about the the time i dialed 911, a helacopter came over and arrested 4 of us.it wuz simple that the neighbor had done the planting and watering. each plant was planted between the planted pines.the gov. took out 2 dump trucks full of plants. i would have loved to followed them to the burning pile, i guess that was for gooberment officials only.

olchevy

an Emu in my woods, At first it was laying down and I was like what is that, then it stood up and looked at me and ran off, I was just in shock, I was like, an emu?Here!?!?
Turned out it was some guys a mile or so down the road pet.

Dr. Strangelove

Not hunting, technically;

I was camping with some friends at Graveyard Fields in NC when I noticed something obviously man-made sitting on a rock off to the side of a pretty heavily used trail. When I got closer, I saw it was a UGA name-tag, when I picked it up I realized it belonged to my former roommate freshman and sophomore years in Lipscomb Hall!

I called him when I got home and asked how his trip to Graveyard Fields had been, he was shocked I knew he had been there (I rarely talked to him in those days, two years in a 10x12 dorm room will do that to ya:)). Turns out he worked for the University while he was getting his doctorate and had lost it the week before while camping with some students!

Not as crazy as some of these stories, but definitely "Twilight Zoney"!

COUNTRY MIKE

I also found a spot that had 10-12 USED tampons hanging about 2-3 feet off the ground in the trees. This was also in the Oconee NF. Got the heck out of there since I didn't know if it was some kind of devil worship thing or something.[/QUOTE]

I HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE DOING THIS THEY SAY IT CAN DRAW IN BUCKS I DONT KNOW BUT YOU WANT FIND ONE IN MY POCKET

COUNTRY MIKE

Years ago me and a freind went deer huntin on his grandfathers lease they had box stands and there was a familly of mexicans living in one of them

Latest posts