MILLION $ QUESTION--Is drinki beer a sin?

then here's my question Vanguard and all others on here who apparently know exactly every verse in the Bible and can interpret it completely. Us beer, whiskey, wine, vodka drinkers...are we going to the Fire???

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
then here's my question Vanguard and all others on here who apparently know exactly every verse in the Bible and can interpret it completely. Us beer, whiskey, wine, vodka drinkers...are we going to the Fire???

I can assure you that we are not. Our salvation is perfectly safe.

apoint

Do you get drunk? If yes, there will be a place for you in the smoking section.
Quote," I never knew you".

Matthew 24:49-51--and shall cut him asunder

Do you get drunk? If yes, there will be a place for you in the smoking section.
Quote," I never knew you".

Matthew 24:49-51--and shall cut him asunder

I knew my question would draw out arrogrance. I forgot, you must be God and Jesus Christ combined into one and condemn all and tell us what our fate is. I am a Christian but remarks like yours are what pushes people away from the Christian fate. :rolleyes:

apoint

I knew my question would draw out arrogrance. I forgot, you must be God and Jesus Christ combined into one and condemn all and tell us what our fate is. I am a Christian but remarks like yours are what pushes people away from the Christian fate. :rolleyes:

I quoted scripture for you, nice to know God's scripture is arrogance. I never have to condem anyone. Your own actions condem yourself. Would you feel all nice and fuzzy if I lied to you? OK, drink all you like because the bible is a ferry tail, cant believe a word of it. Have another one and try not to spill your drink on the keyboard.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I quoted scripture for you, nice to know God's scripture is arrogance. I never have to condem anyone. Your own actions condem yourself. Would you feel all nice and fuzzy if I lied to you? OK, drink all you like because the bible is a ferry tail, cant believe a word of it. Have another one and try not to spill your drink on the keyboard.

Folks, scripture says that there is only one unforgivable sin and drinking beer, whiskey, and wine ain't it.

Sniper Bob

I just tuned in. Really??? Is this all in the world you are worried about???!!?? Who has a beer or a drink of wine..or goodness no!!! A mixed drink!! Get a life people!!!! Especially you extremists...you make me think of other extremists...Muslim extremist!!!! Worry about your christianity and not about mine or any one else!!! Sick of the crap...walk the walk or shut up!!!

apoint

Folks, scripture says that there is only one unforgivable sin and drinking beer, whiskey, and wine ain't it.

So you are admitting that you will have to get forgiveness for your drinking?
He comes like a thief in the night.
Who's to know you wont die tonight in your sleep, or in a car wreck, unforgiven.
What kind of witness is a drunk?
How close to God are you with your bottle?
Would you walk into church tomorrow with your beer?
Will you throw a few back with your preacher?
Will you get in front of the church tomorrow and tell all how you drank tonight?
Just wondering brother. I mean no harm.

270 guy

Banned
do what i do.

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)

15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

That's what I thought you have no true proof just another one of your opinions.

dbodkin

This is the ugliest forum on this site. I have seen more bickering here than any other subject, including dogs on the deer hunting threads. Those that have claim to be saved are some of the nastiest, others seem to come here to start stuff. Jesus would not approve of either. I'll be in church on Sunday, but I'll never come back to this forum.

I'll drink to that:whip:

apoint

I just tuned in. Really??? Is this all in the world you are worried about???!!?? Who has a beer or a drink of wine..or goodness no!!! A mixed drink!! Get a life people!!!! Especially you extremists...you make me think of other extremists...Muslim extremist!!!! Worry about your christianity and not about mine or any one else!!! Sick of the crap...walk the walk or shut up!!!

You came a bit late there Bob. The drinkers are asking the questions here and people are quoting scripture. If you dont like questions about scripture dont read them.

270 guy

Banned
Who's to know you wont die tonight in your sleep, or in a car wreck, unforgiven.
Will you get in front of the church tomorrow and tell all how you drank tonight?

So your saying you never sin? If you do you always ask Gods forgivness at that exact moment?

Just wondering Brother I mean no harm either.

I don't drink but don't like seeing some that think they are above others down them like they are sinless. I don't drink, smoke, curse or chew but don't think I am above anyone who does. I know how I was raised and raised my sons the same way. It kills me seeing some post how great they are and condemn others like they are 100% sure they are going to H e l l

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

apoint,
As you mean no harm, I'll answer your questions in a private message so that you and everyone else will know that I mean no harm either.

apoint

So your saying you never sin? If you do you always ask Gods forgivmness at that exact moment?

Just wondering Brother I mean no harm either.

I don't drink but don't like seeing some that think they are above others down them like they are sinless. I don't drink, smoke, curse or chew but don't think I am above anyone who does. I know how I was raised and raised my sons the same way. It kills me seeing some post how great they are and condemn others like they are 100% sure they are going to Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----.

As I said previously," I personally dont condem anyone"
Dont ask me for scripture if you dont want scripture.
My opinion does not matter, only Gods opinion matters. So if you dont like what God wrote take it up with him.
I am not holier than thou and dont care where some one stands in the pecking order. I just worry about myself. So if you dont like my answers dont ask questions.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

I wouldn't think so.
But since beer isn't my drink of choice I never have to ponder that question for myself.

apoint

I wouldn't think so.
But since beer isn't my drink of choice I never have to ponder that question for myself.

Then Im sorry, I must be misinterpreting Mathew24:49-51

Old Winchesters

Only problem I have is your testimony to others if you claim to be a Christian.

Say your trying to get your neighbor saved and you have been talking to him for a while now. You decide to go to john q's bar. What happens when your neighbor sees you there drinking what does that say about your testimony to the one you are supposed to be living better then so to speak as a Christian?

I'm on the fence on this subject but have to say your statement makes good sense the appearance could be wrong. I still don't think it would keep one out of heaven but as you say it could effect those you may have had a chance to witness to otherwise. I say if you wonder if it's the right thing for you to do then it probably ain't. Personally I feel there are times it would be sin and times it would not.

270 guy

Banned
As I said previously," I personally dont condem anyone"
Dont ask me for scripture if you dont want scripture.
My opinion does not matter, only Gods opinion matters. So if you dont like what God wrote take it up with him.
I am not holier than thou and dont care where some one stands in the pecking order. I just worry about myself. So if you dont like my answers dont ask questions.
I didn't ask you for any scripture I asked you a direct question.

I really don't care where you stand it's none of my business. I asked you a question why not answer it. My question was to you not asking for scripture. You seem to beat around the bush when asked a direct question.

270 guy

Banned
I'm on the fence on this subject but have to say your statement makes good sense the appearance could be wrong. I still don't think it would keep one out of heaven but as you say it could effect those you may have had a chance to witness to otherwise. I say if you wonder if it's the right thing for you to do then it probably ain't. Personally I feel there are times it would be sin and times it would not.

That's probably the best way one can tell in my opinion. If you have to think or wonder about it then it probably isn't right.

apoint

I didn't ask you for any scripture I asked you a direct question.

I really don't care where you stand it's none of my business. I asked you a question why not answer it. My question was to you not asking for scripture. You seem to beat around the bush when asked a direct question.

As I said, I offer scripture. That is my direct answer.