Dad passed away

transfixer

Our stories are very similar, I started hunting with my Dad when I was 13 or so, hunted with him every season for 30 yrs, during deer season we hunted virtually every weekend, a lot of memories, he passed away in 04 , I actually quit hunting for a couple of years afterward, just didn't feel the same without him there, I married a lady with a couple young sons that wanted to hunt, so I had a reason to get back into it and pass on some of the knowledge my father had taught me, I still miss him and its been 13yrs since he's been gone. This past weekend marked 40 yrs hunting the same piece of property that I hunted with my Dad, its where I killed my first deer, I can pass certain places on the property and remember where he had a stand, where he killed a nice buck, etc,etc,

I can't tell you the pain you feel will get better, what I can tell you is you will always cherish the memories you made with him.

BThunder

Sorry for your loss. Those Ossabaw trips have always been some of my best hunting memories for me along the way. You will have your moments with him again out in the woods. Take care and God bless.

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
You have just joined a club that none of us wants to be a member of. I wish there was something to say that could make you feel better. There isn't. Just know that he is suffering no more pain and is scouting out some new territory. He will be ready when you get there.

frankwright

I am sorry for your loss.

It sounds as if you had a really good dad and now have great memories.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sad news indeed Tony. I have traveled the road you're on. My sympathy and condolences added to all the others.

Andy K

Prayers for you and your family. We lost my brother last November and my Dad in December. We understand your pain.