Need help with speeding ticket

GoldDot40

It's a good possibility that I've been to traffic court more than anybody on this forum. If not...I'd bet I'm in the top 5. I ain't ever hired a traffic lawyer. Last 3 speeding tickets I had, I got reduced to where they never showed up on my record. All 3 were different agencies, too...and I didn't 'know' anybody to cash in any favors. Handled them myself in court. Go back 15 years and my MVR is clean as a pen. Before that...not so much. Pays to know about traffic laws.

sghoghunter

It's a good possibility that I've been to traffic court more than anybody on this forum. If not...I'd bet I'm in the top 5. I ain't ever hired a traffic lawyer. Last 3 speeding tickets I had, I got reduced to where they never showed up on my record. All 3 were different agencies, too...and I didn't 'know' anybody to cash in any favors. Handled them myself in court. Go back 15 years and my MVR is clean as a pen. Before that...not so much. Pays to know about traffic laws.

That's what I'm talking about. I've been two times and there have been a solisiter that works out a deal before you even see the judge. They want to get it over just as fast as you do

4togo

First never admit you had a radar detector! A radar detector will get you a ticket as quick as a bad attitude, many officers look at it as if you have one you have intentions to speed. I heard an officer say one time, "if you are going to break into a house you will take a something to get into the house, if you are going to kill someone you will take a weapon, if you are going to speed you will get a radar detector".
What does your radar detector detect? X-band, K-band, Ka-band, Lidar? I'm not sure if SC has a VASCAR or Tracker system but NC does and NO, I repeat NO radar detector will detect those two.

Dialer

Proofread it. If THERES ANY errors, it can't be enforced. They wanted me to pay $165 for "violating the gore" while transitioning from I-285 to I-20. The year on the ticket was a whole year off! Officer was forced to call me and say he was reducing it to a warning.

Oldstick

Proofread it. If THERES ANY errors, it can't be enforced. They wanted me to pay $165 for "violating the gore" while transitioning from I-285 to I-20. The year on the ticket was a whole year off! Officer was forced to call me and say he was reducing it to a warning.

Same thing happened to me once. The officer messed up when writing the court date on his top copy, then wrote over it to change it to the correct number. But that didn't come out well on my carbon copy and it clearly looked like a zero, so I showed up on the 10'th.

They never called my name so I raised my hand at the end the session when they asked. They said my name was down for another date, then I showed them the paper and the judge agreed I was right. Reduced to a warning.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

I wouldnt hang my hat on that being the case everywhere in every instance.