Got pulled over with a head light out on a partly sunny day

oldfella1962

Most new cars have driver assist. If you don't turn your turn signal on, the steering wheel will pull you back into the lane.
Even if I'm in a "turn only" lane I still signal. It's all about communication. The better you communicate all your intentions to other drivers, the safer we all are.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I think you missed my point. I agree with you that we should be ticketed for not using our turn signals at all. But exactly how many feet we are from our turn when we do use our signal shouldn't be the issue, when there are so many people who don't even use them at all. That and turning on their lights when it's raining.
@ 150 ft or so, depends on the state.

When they leave it on for 10 miles is an indicator as well

Core Lokt

Was this a day time running light or actual high or low bulb? If it was partly sunny why would your regular lights be on? Don’t think you can be ticketed for a DTR light being out.

REDMOND1858

Turn signals are to let folks know you are turning. I use one when someone needs to know. You guys that use them when no one is around or when you are already in a "turn only" lane are like the folks that wear a mask when they are driving alone...just sayin. :)
I’ll catch myself cutting mine on sometimes going around sharp curves….parking lots and such when none is needed. I absolutely refuse to use it in a turning lane though

Doug B.

I’ll catch myself cutting mine on sometimes going around sharp curves….parking lots and such when none is needed. I absolutely refuse to use it in a turning lane though
Any time you change lanes or turn, by law, you are supposed to use them. You do whatever you want to though. Most people don't use them anyways. Even most LEO!

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Gsp got me awhile back. Was in front of me with us both turning left at an intersection. He stayed in the middle lane and immediately got behind me right after the turn, no seat belt. I saw him later that day and happened to be in my Firefighter uniform, he told me he would fix the ticket, didn’t realize I was public safety. He lied, cost me $20.00. Didn’t mind the ticket, I was guilty. Tee’d me that he lied.
I try to use my blinkers, I don’t trust anyone else with their blinker on.

pjciii

I have made up my mind on this. Blinkers must be the most expensive option on a new car cause most people don't get them. It has to be more expensive than the infotainment system or the upgraded screen size. Definitely more expensive than the towing package.

basstrkr

Went to the WMA fishing, the long road to the dead lake has brick bat size gravel. It will beat the tar out of a boat trailer. Fished a little later that intended. It was getting dark when I got back to the highway. The road had loosed all my trailer lights but I rigged them up best I could to have at least some lights. I'm 500 yards from the house on a back residential street when GSP pulls me over!? I figure he's got me for no trailer lights, but he says it's because I have a headlight out. Gave him my license, he goes to his car to run a check and comes back a says you ain't got no trailer lights either. No ticket but got a stern warning from a 7th grader looking GSP.

LTZ25

If you are driving a chevy suburban , Yukon no way both daytime lights are working at the same time , start noticing and you will agree .

Geffellz18

They will pull you over for brake light on the top of an SUV not working also.
I’ve been pulled over for one of the accent bulbs being burned out. Brake light was operable, but a single bulb to the right of it that’s on the actual trunk lid was out!
I was like, really?!?!?
Couldn’t hardly tell it was out from the other lights illuminating the internal housing themselves!

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
About 10 years ago I waved a cop down while riding behind him. I saw his headlight out as he passed before turning behind him. At first he seemed agitated but eventually thanked me. I think a light went off that he does it to folks all the time.
One was tailgating me- like 10 feet on the way to work one morning WAY before daylight in heavy traffic. It was. Rockdale Sheriff's Deputy.

I locked it down so hard and tried as hard as I could to get him to rear end me.

Of course, he turned on every light and siren he had and I pulled over at the next safe place. Less than a tenth of a mile.

He jumped out with his pistol drawn and asked me why I brake checked him. I told him he had been tail gating me for about 5 miles with a headlight out of adjustment and shining right in my side and rearview mirrors to the point I couldn't see where I was going.

Then I said "I got a better question. Why were you riding 10 feet off of my bumper for 5 miles with no emergency lights flashing and putting me in danger"?

He reluctantly "thanked" me for letting me know his headlight was not aimed right and I was on my way.

At first though, he was trying to think of ANY reason he could to lock me up for brake checking him. I wish he would have hit me from behind. I'd sue the pants off of Rockdale County.

slow motion

Got pulled over for a head light out at 1pm today, in Habersham county, by 2 deputies, with partly cloudy skies. No rain.

If you have a head light out, make sure you have them turned off, if possible, if traveling through habersham today, in the daylight, lol.

Unfortunately mine are automatic, and I can't turn them off. While sitting there for 10 minutes, I saw at least 6 cars go by with no headlights at all.

The 2 deputies were cool though. I understand they are doing the H.E.AT thing right now, so anything that allows them to pull someone over... they will use.

I'm surprised they didn't want to search my truck, tho. I had been planting my mom's garden since daylight this morning. I looked and smelled like a dirty ole meth head. My truck looked like the Beverly hillbillies truck.

The dude finally came back and said he wasn't going to write me a ticket and I could go.

Anyway, be careful out there. Apparently you can be ticketed for one headlight, whether sunny or dark. God bless the leos.
I've had several good laughs about this one. Went out one morning to get in my work truck. The entire lens on the driver's side taillight was gone. No idea how it happened. Drove for several months like that and never got pulled over. A bit of karma though as soon as I replaced it the transmission went out the next day.

Dub

I can show you places they can sit and I promise you, you can't sit and watch 5 minutes w/o seeing 10 violations. I come through w/o a seat belt and I get pulled over with ticket. (It's happened 3 times. It's bc I'm white.
1--I'm "probably "not gonna start a ruckus
2- I'm "probably " gonna pay over the phone
3-it gets them 30 minutes closer to quitting timei

Could just be because they had to pull you over twice before for the same violation.......

Dub

One was tailgating me- like 10 feet on the way to work one morning WAY before daylight in heavy traffic. It was. Rockdale Sheriff's Deputy.

I locked it down so hard and tried as hard as I could to get him to rear end me.

Of course, he turned on every light and siren he had and I pulled over at the next safe place. Less than a tenth of a mile.

He jumped out with his pistol drawn and asked me why I brake checked him. I told him he had been tail gating me for about 5 miles with a headlight out of adjustment and shining right in my side and rearview mirrors to the point I couldn't see where I was going.

Then I said "I got a better question. Why were you riding 10 feet off of my bumper for 5 miles with no emergency lights flashing and putting me in danger"?

He reluctantly "thanked" me for letting me know his headlight was not aimed right and I was on my way.

At first though, he was trying to think of ANY reason he could to lock me up for brake checking him. I wish he would have hit me from behind. I'd sue the pants off of Rockdale County.

Really ?

Big7

The Oracle
Yep. Going from Conyers to Fulton Industrial one morning in the summer before 9/11.

NOT JOKING.

If you get hit in the rear, it's the other parties fault. Period. Cop or not.

Hillbilly stalker

Yep. Going from Conyers to Fulton Industrial one morning in the summer before 9/11.

NOT JOKING.

If you get hit in the rear, it's the other parties fault. Period. Cop or not.
That’s an old rumor. If it can be proven you “ intentionally “ caused an accident……you would probably be charged with at least reckless driving and maybe even assault & battery. There are proper ways to take care of things.

Meriwether Mike

If you will take your light switch on your GM vehicle from auto position and turn in to the left it will cut your daytime running lights off and return to the auto position. You have to repeat this each time you start your vehicle.