Got pulled over with a head light out on a partly sunny day

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I disagree.

I wish more people would be ticketed for not using their turn signals.
I saw a Covington LEO use a turn signal this weekend.

Of course it was in the middle of the intersection. :rofl:

cowhornedspike

So do I!!!!
There are way more people that don't use them than those that do. Then everybody wonders why there are so many wrecks!!

Turn signals are to let folks know you are turning. I use one when someone needs to know. You guys that use them when no one is around or when you are already in a "turn only" lane are like the folks that wear a mask when they are driving alone...just sayin. :)

transfixer

Chances are he was hoping he'd smell something or see something in the vehicle that would lead to a bigger violation, since he didn't he just let you go on, don't know about Habersham, but most sheriff's depts around here won't write a ticket for something so trivial, they just use it as a reason to pull you over , hoping they smell alcohol, or find some sketchy actions when they start asking questions

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The only time in my life I have been pulled over was by a GSP. It was after dark and I (well really my wife, then girlfriend at the time) had a taillight out. The funny thing was we had been to get a replacement bulb and had it with us and showed him. He laughed and told us to have a good night.

Doug B.

Turn signals are to let folks know you are turning. I use one when someone needs to know. You guys that use them when no one is around or when you are already in a "turn only" lane are like the folks that wear a mask when they are driving alone...just sayin. :)
Not so! If you don't use them when nobody is around then you ain't going to use them when somebody is. It should be a habit that everybody does no matter who is around. :waggingfinger:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Not so! If you don't use them when nobody is around then you ain't going to use them when somebody is. It should be a habit that everybody does no matter who is around. :waggingfinger:
Never trust a turn signal, sucker could've left it on the last 10 miles

cowhornedspike

Not true sir. I actually pay attention to my surroundings and use them when they should be used. You may not pay attention but don't assume no one does.

BTW, my driving record speaks for itself. No tickets, no accidents, can you believe it??? all while still only using my signals when needed??? LOL

cowhornedspike

Never trust a turn signal, sucker could've left it on the last 10 miles

A doctor buddy of mine simply pulled out in front of a car because "the turn signal was on so I thought they were turning". Some folks just don't have common sense.

My theory in life is pretty simple: The world is full of idiots so I am responsible to think for both of us.

LTZ25

I watch Live P D on Friday nights and they don't hardly care if you have a drivers license and don't expect the people they encounter to have insurance . Bad Dave has it figured out .

Hillbilly stalker

I couldn't to tell you how many high speed pursuits I've been in the lead car in over the years. Something I've always thought that was weird/funny...during a pursuit most drivers (not all not all) will use their turn signals while running. :huh: Don't make a lick of sense...but they do it. Aint worried about that stack of warrants I had on them or the kilo in the trunk. Gotta use them signal lights tho.:banginghe.

Hillbilly stalker

The only time in my life I have been pulled over was by a GSP. It was after dark and I (well really my wife, then girlfriend at the time) had a taillight out. The funny thing was we had been to get a replacement bulb and had it with us and showed him. He laughed and told us to have a good night.
We used to write a lot of "Fix it" tickets. Fix it before the court date and we would drop the citation. If you didn't, some people always take advantage of it and will run around with brake lights or headlights out forever.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Who would drive at night with a headlight out? I definitely wouldn't.
I have and I would again. If you go out and get in a vehicle to drive home, and the light is blown, whatcha gonna do? Call a tow truck? Shoot no.... I am gonna drive that sucka home, and if the cops stop me, I will tell them it just blew, and I can't get it fixed tonight because OReilly's is already closed

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We used to write a lot of "Fix it" tickets. Fix it before the court date and we would drop the citation. If you didn't, some people always take advantage of it and will run around with brake lights or headlights out forever.
yep... fix it, show the judge the bill or the broken part. Or go by the Popo and get them to sign a statement saying it is fixed.

Judge will drop it usually

Hillbilly stalker

yep... fix it, show the judge the bill or the broken part. Or go by the Popo and get them to sign a statement saying it is fixed.

Judge will drop it usually
We didn't even take it that far. Any officer at any time could verify it and take the ticket back to be voided. No court appearance or time lost necessary. Made it easier for the citizen.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
We didn't even take it that far. Any officer at any time could verify it and take the ticket back to be voided. No court appearance or time lost necessary. Made it easier for the citizen.
We would write a 72 hour warning, swing by the station and the desk SGT would verify it was corrected and void the ticket within the time frame. If it wasn't fixed, it went to our JAG and was put on the federal magistrate docket

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Most new cars have driver assist. If you don't turn your turn signal on, the steering wheel will pull you back into the lane.

oldfella1962

I disagree.

I wish more people would be ticketed for not using their turn signals.
I think you missed my point. I agree with you that we should be ticketed for not using our turn signals at all. But exactly how many feet we are from our turn when we do use our signal shouldn't be the issue, when there are so many people who don't even use them at all. That and turning on their lights when it's raining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub