Car In Da Building!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I was just relaxing from working on my feast for Thanksgiving when I got a call from 911 dispatch. They said an officer would be calling me in a bit. I waited about 10 minutes and no phone call, so I drove to the store. As I approached, I saw a bunch of red flashing lights, blue flashing lights and yellow flashing lights. I rounded the curve in the road, and noticed a wall of my building was gone. Some of @NCHillbilly 's dope head neighbors from Asheville NC were running from the po-po and hit my building.

The doper was in a late model Dodge Charger. The GSP said they clocked him at 140+ on the bypass around Toccoa. He turned on Currahee, and a sheriff deputy and a TPD tried to box him in. He pulled out to pass them in the curve. The deputy said he was running between 84 and 85 on impact with my building. I am guessing there is 150K damage to the building, not counting inventory loss, fixture loss, and loss of income from not being able to use my building.

That is the wrecker driver hooking up to pull him out

1669278743150.png
1669278796880.png

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I was just relaxing from working on my feast for Thanksgiving when I got a call from 911 dispatch. They said an officer would be calling me in a bit. I waited about 10 minutes and no phone call, so I drove to the store. As I approached, I saw a bunch of red flashing lights, blue flashing lights and yellow flashing lights. I rounded the curve in the road, and noticed a wall of my building was gone. Some of @NCHillbilly 's dope head neighbors from Asheville NC were running from the po-po and hit my building.

The doper was in a late model Dodge Charger. The GSP said they clocked him at 140+ on the bypass around Toccoa. He turned on Currahee, and a sheriff deputy and a TPD tried to box him in. He pulled out to pass them in the curve. The deputy said he was running between 84 and 85 on impact with my building. I am guessing there is 150K damage to the building, not counting inventory loss, fixture loss, and loss of income from not being able to use my building.

That is the wrecker driver hooking up to pull him out

View attachment 1192434
View attachment 1192435
There’s something you didn’t need

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
There’s something you didn’t need

yep. Just another bump in the road. It will take some time to get it straightened out, and restock in that department, but we will be fine.

Those shelves were full of all kinds of fasteners. Bolts, nuts, washers.... all kinds of stuff... I hope the insurance company doesn't expect me to try and sort them all back out and restock it. That would be an expensive job, paying someone to pick up every bolt, nut, and washer, measure it, and restock it in it's location. It will be cheaper on them to sell it for scrap and buy new stuff.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
yep. Just another bump in the road. It will take some time to get it straightened out, and restock in that department, but we will be fine.

Those shelves were full of all kinds of fasteners. Bolts, nuts, washers.... all kinds of stuff... I hope the insurance company doesn't expect me to try and sort them all back out and restock it. That would be an expensive job, paying someone to pick up every bolt, nut, and washer, measure it, and restock it in it's location. It will be cheaper on them to sell it for scrap and buy new stuff.
Understand and agree

Redbow

Man, I'm sorry for the big mess you are dealing with and those Dodge Chargers are very fast cars I see the police driving a few of them in our county here. What happened to the driver of the Dodge?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Man, I'm sorry for the big mess you are dealing with and those Dodge Chargers are very fast cars I see the police driving a few of them in our county here. What happened to the driver of the Dodge?

they took him to the hospital for treatment before booking him. I don't know how many counties/cities/state citations he will get. He ran thru 3 towns, 2 counties, and had a GSP chasing him too.

When I saw what I was dealing with, I told the deputy... At least tell me he is at least in the hospital now..... The deputy said yep, and then on to jail, and it is going to cost him dearly to get out.

He was doping, had crack on him, and had burned aluminum foil where he had been smoking it. He put all his stuff in the girls handbag that was with him, but when the cops found the stuff in her bag, he claimed it was all his. I don't believe that, but that is what he claimed. Ain't no way a mid 40's woman is hanging with a 19 year old kid any other way. And to let him dope and drive her car.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Durn, what a mess!

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Dang it man sorry to hear this. Some of these high speed chase situations need to be rethought out. I have a friend who is an auto mechanic who was clobbered by both the perp and the sheriff deputy that was chasing him. At the time of the wreck he was road testing a customer's car with the customer in the passenger seat, both went to the hospital, and 9 months later my buddy is still dealing with some neurological issues.

You can probably guess the cops were chasing a doper who stole a car in order to do a drug deal.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Sad day but at least you weren't in there when it happened.

Reactions: Dub

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Bad juju about the store Pappy, but none of you and yourn was injured

GeorgiaBob

Sorry about your aggravation and gross inconvenience. Hopefully, your insurance company will go after any assets of both the driver and passenger - before they give it to an attorney! Not that it will be much, but it is the right thing to do.