Got pulled over with a head light out on a partly sunny day

Shadow11

Got pulled over for a head light out at 1pm today, in Habersham county, by 2 deputies, with partly cloudy skies. No rain.

If you have a head light out, make sure you have them turned off, if possible, if traveling through habersham today, in the daylight, lol.

Unfortunately mine are automatic, and I can't turn them off. While sitting there for 10 minutes, I saw at least 6 cars go by with no headlights at all.

The 2 deputies were cool though. I understand they are doing the H.E.AT thing right now, so anything that allows them to pull someone over... they will use.

I'm surprised they didn't want to search my truck, tho. I had been planting my mom's garden since daylight this morning. I looked and smelled like a dirty ole meth head. My truck looked like the Beverly hillbillies truck.

The dude finally came back and said he wasn't going to write me a ticket and I could go.

Anyway, be careful out there. Apparently you can be ticketed for one headlight, whether sunny or dark. God bless the leos.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
In NC, the only time you are supposed to have them on in the daytime is if you have your wipers on.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Railroader has the correct interpretation of the law. If they are on they have to be in working order.

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like they would have better things to do.

It's a miracle they didn't write a ticket.
The corrupt cops, prosecutors and judges love dat' money.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

Might be an FTO with a newby

bullgator

When taxes aren’t enough.

GunnSmokeer

No law says you have to have lights on in daylight. But if they ARE ON, they have to work...:bounce:

Yep, if a cop knows that you're driving a vehicle that has no working headlight on one side, they can ticket you --even if it wasn't dark enough to require the use of those headlights.

See Georgia Code section (OCGA)
§ 40-8-22. Headlights​

ScLowCountry

I mean if they didn't write you ticket they did a good deed and let you know about your faulty equipment. We all know however that it was a reason to pull you over and look for other "things"

I got pulled over one time because I didn't signal within a certain number feet of my turn. I politely asked the officer how he measured the distance at which I turned my blinker on and I initiated the turn.

He responded with "whatever and any guns in the car". I said "certainly" and handed my cwp card to him. He said where. I clapped back with which one. There is one in the case on the seat and one on my left hip. He said what do you carry. I said a 365. He responded sweet I like those. Have a nice day. Drive safe

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Got pulled over for a head light out at 1pm today, in Habersham county, by 2 deputies, with partly cloudy skies. No rain.

If you have a head light out, make sure you have them turned off, if possible, if traveling through habersham today, in the daylight, lol.

Unfortunately mine are automatic, and I can't turn them off. While sitting there for 10 minutes, I saw at least 6 cars go by with no headlights at all.

The 2 deputies were cool though. I understand they are doing the H.E.AT thing right now, so anything that allows them to pull someone over... they will use.

I'm surprised they didn't want to search my truck, tho. I had been planting my mom's garden since daylight this morning. I looked and smelled like a dirty ole meth head. My truck looked like the Beverly hillbillies truck.

The dude finally came back and said he wasn't going to write me a ticket and I could go.

Anyway, be careful out there. Apparently you can be ticketed for one headlight, whether sunny or dark. God bless the leos.
Which side was out?

oldfella1962

I mean if they didn't write you ticket they did a good deed and let you know about your faulty equipment. We all know however that it was a reason to pull you over and look for other "things"

I got pulled over one time because I didn't signal within a certain number feet of my turn. I politely asked the officer how he measured the distance at which I turned my blinker on and I initiated the turn.

He responded with "whatever and any guns in the car". I said "certainly" and handed my cwp card to him. He said where. I clapped back with which one. There is one in the case on the seat and one on my left hip. He said what do you carry. I said a 365. He responded sweet I like those. Have a nice day. Drive safe
Seriously? Most people don't use turn signals at all. :LOL:

How many exact feet before a turn that you use them should be way down the totem pole of public safety.

Redbow

I have been stopped a couple times for a light burned out in my vehicle but the policeman just gave me a verbal warning about getting it fixed. I have never known anyone who has received a ticket for a burned out headlight or tail light. They sure could write a bunch of tickets every day for burned out car and truck lights in our area.

baddave

I can show you places they can sit and I promise you, you can't sit and watch 5 minutes w/o seeing 10 violations. I come through w/o a seat belt and I get pulled over with ticket. (It's happened 3 times. It's bc I'm white.
1--I'm "probably "not gonna start a ruckus
2- I'm "probably " gonna pay over the phone
3-it gets them 30 minutes closer to quitting timei

DAVE

I can show you places they can sit and I promise you, you can't sit and watch 5 minutes w/o seeing 10 violations. I come through w/o a seat belt and I get pulled over with ticket. (It's happened 3 times. It's bc I'm white.
1--I'm "probably "not gonna start a ruckus
2- I'm "probably " gonna pay over the phone
3-it gets them 30 minutes closer to quitting timei
You White guys are always pulling the race card.

bullgator

About 10 years ago I waved a cop down while riding behind him. I saw his headlight out as he passed before turning behind him. At first he seemed agitated but eventually thanked me. I think a light went off that he does it to folks all the time.

Doug B.

I disagree.

I wish more people would be ticketed for not using their turn signals.
So do I!!!!
There are way more people that don't use them than those that do. Then everybody wonders why there are so many wrecks!!

Reactions: Dub