Athiest are bullies

WaltL1

That's a view of things.

Myself? I can't square the true God with the one it's "legal" to endorse...because men say so. And I believe I am happier thus, also.
That's a view of things.
Yes it is :bounce:

red neck richie

Yes it is :bounce:

Walt have you received or have you given a Christmas present? Why is it so offensive to you? I know the answer so I guess my real question is why you are offended by it? Yes you are. To the point of wanting me to not be able to celebrate in public. Christmas has been around a long time.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You've touched on something Ive been thinking this whole time.
You have to have a state approved formal Christian prayer time to pray/talk to God??
Removing prayer from school cut the communication lines with him?? He was literally expelled from school??
I'm not buying it. I think much of the underlying fervor is about "pride".
Christians want to puff out their chest and say "here in the USA we pray to MY God. The Christian God. Not nobody elses God because our God is the real one".
They want to point their finger and say "See , MY God is the legitimate one".
Its not about prayer.
Christians just don't like their god being put in the same basket as the other gods.
Not really, at least this is not the feeling with the majority of folks I deal with. The beef is removing something that we felt helped maintain a civil society, and leaving a void. We didn’t put anything back there. Even if we were wrong, we as a society still failed for leaving a void. My point is I’m not asking you to believe in my God, but why can’t we as a society agree to teach some moral standards without either side screaming, for lack of better words, “freedom of religion” or “freedom from religion”. Seriously, look at the generation that we have created. And for a moment, you almost sounded like a bully :D

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Walt have you received or have you given a Christmas present? Why is it so offensive to you? I know the answer so I guess my real question is why you are offended by it? Yes you are. To the point of wanting me to not be able to celebrate in public. Christmas has been around a long time.

A cristmas present offensive?

What does a jolly fat man dressed in a red suit have to do with Jesus or Christianity? Richie, take the time to resesrch the holiday and how it came to be.
Ps.(in a wisper) Jesus wasnt born on the Dec. 25th.

WaltL1

Not really, at least this is not the feeling with the majority of folks I deal with. The beef is removing something that we felt helped maintain a civil society, and leaving a void. We didn’t put anything back there. Even if we were wrong, we as a society still failed for leaving a void. My point is I’m not asking you to believe in my God, but why can’t we as a society agree to teach some moral standards without either side screaming, for lack of better words, “freedom of religion” or “freedom from religion”. Seriously, look at the generation that we have created. And for a moment, you almost sounded like a bully :D
The beef is removing something that we felt helped maintain a civil society, and leaving a void.
I understand that you believe that.
Couple of questions -
Are you telling me that removing 15 seconds of prayer in public school made God disappear from your or any Christian's life?
Can a Christian, at any time of the day or night, regardless of where they are, communicate with God?
something that we felt
Who is "we"? Be honest.

Israel

BANNED
I think it was Ronald Reagan who used the phrase "City on a Hill" as though the USA could somehow "make itself" fit the bill. There have been numerous others that have borrowed an idea they believe they see in scripture that would add a legitimacy in equating this republic to the Church...or the manifestation of the Kingdom of God.

Is it a bad aspiration? I couldn't say so. Is it terribly naive and unconvincing? For without the preaching of the King it must remain a kingdom divided. Men cannot "enact" what is already established, at best they may come to an agreement in some sort in seeing "This thing already is"...and from there find a very pointed question of themselves "Am I in, or out?" But for men to think they are the establishers...either by laws or their coercion...well, it just don't work that way. Laws cannot make or further...what is established in mercy and grace.

A simple thing. Even if conceding some "light" to an earthly nation...why such a tremendous push back against southern neighbors who may flock to it...or others from s***hole countries? Wouldn't one expect that, and even be glad of it? The cost of having truly open arms is more than men like to pay. Or can. Except for One.

But yes, I believe it a vanity of sorts...a pride...of sorts that propels men to expound well beyond their ability to deliver. It causes men and nations to feel good about themselves. But, I believe this of myself, no less, and must have it dealt with by deliverance into a something that is escape from that vanity. That I...can make of myself...anything at all. LOL...it's not unlike waking up to that phrase undercover cops on TV use when the wiser finds them out..."we been made".

Till the man...and his words match...the work is in progress.

Last edited:

WaltL1

Walt have you received or have you given a Christmas present? Why is it so offensive to you? I know the answer so I guess my real question is why you are offended by it? Yes you are. To the point of wanting me to not be able to celebrate in public.
Christmas has been around a long time.
Walt have you received or have you given a Christmas present?
Of course.
Why is it so offensive to you?
Its not offensive at all. I enjoy giving or getting presents on any day.
Christmas has been around a long time.
I know. Its been around since before it was even called Christmas.
To the point of wanting me to not be able to celebrate in public.
I don't care if you want to dress like Mary and parade up and down the streets wishing the whole world a Merry Christmas.

Why do you think Christmas would offend me?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
People have been killing people in the name of their "god" for a pretty long time.

You avoided my question.

Does not the Bible not only condone but in fact instruct killing for certain "offenses"?

Does it, or is that your interpretation?

Either life has infinite worth and infinite dignity or it doesn't.

Well what's your conclusion on the matter and on what do you base it?

You are grasping onto a concept that sounds noble and honorable but has no basis in fact.

Not worth responding to.

SemperFiDawg

What one generation condones, the next generation will openly practice.

It has happened with homosexually, free love, drug use, and every other vice you can name. When the parents give a wink and a nod, and 'live and let live' with these activities, the generation they raise will practice those activities in the open and be proud of it.

We as a nation have lowered the standards of morality until the next generation will have to dig a ditch to make them any lower. In the 70's abortion was for rape, incest and such. Now it is preformed because the baby may have downs syndrome, or it is a boy/girl and we wanted the other, or it just isn't convienent now to have a child. The 60's/70's saw recreational drug use and now we have an opioid crisis that has the gooberment suing the producers to try and recapture some of the cost of caring for these people.

You will not recognize America in another 30 years. The slope is getting steeper and slicker.

Agree completely. When you lose the vertical transcendent anchor for morality up becomes down, down becomes up. That's where we are. A nation with no moral compass and proud of it.

SemperFiDawg

The Israelites were doing the same thing in the middle east, following their beliefs that validated it.

Your point?

And of course, westward expansion was driven by financial motives. But religion was very much used to validate it. The whole process was justified in the minds of those doing it by the fact that the people they were killing and displacing weren't Christians, but "heathen savages." Plenty of historical writings from that period to back that up, too.

You laid the blame for the Indians displacement and atrocities at the feet or religion. It either is or it isn't the motive. Apparently we both agree it was money, so why blame it on religion. Call it for what it was.

And again, it's beside the point. Religion and individually following Christ are 2 totally separate things. To infer they are one is false.

WaltL1

You avoided my question.

Not worth responding to
You avoided my question.
I didn't avoid your question. I pointed out that Christians, who you say believe that all life has infinite value and infinite dignity etc. has been killing other people since Christianity was created.
How dignified do you figure those women looked tied to a pole, their skin burnt and bubbling and bursting because they were deemed by Christians to be witches?
Their life had infinite value?
You know what infinite means right?
oh please.
I can only give you my personal opinion.
No not all life has infinite value and dignity.
Murder, rape etc one of my loved ones and your life isn't worth a plugged nickel and if possible I will make you die a very undignified death.
Not worth responding to
That's fine. You would have to get around the answer to your first question anyway.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Your point?

My point is that it seemed when I was talking about the Indians having their own religion, you nullified the morals of their religion by saying that they were always killing and fighting each other.

You laid the blame for the Indians displacement and atrocities at the feet or religion. It either is or it isn't the motive. Apparently we both agree it was money, so why blame it on religion. Call it for what it was.

And again, it's beside the point. Religion and individually following Christ are 2 totally separate things. To infer they are one is false.

If the Europeans had "discovered" America at the same time, but had found it peopled with Christian Indians who had churches and crosses in their villages, do you really think that events would have happened the same way that they did? I don't think so.

You do realize that there are countless writings from back then describing how it was their Christian duty to claim the land from the heathens and settle it with civilized Christians?

WaltL1

You do realize that there are countless writings from back then describing how it was their Christian duty to claim the land from the heathens and settle it with civilized Christians?
The Native Americans didn't have a chance.
A huge financial/political/personal gain in combination with man willing to justify his atrocities in God's name is a pretty deadly combination.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Based off of your definition/understanding/belief in "God", how can humans remove/not allow/banish your God from schools or anywhere else?

WaltL1

Based off of your definition/understanding/belief in "God", how can humans remove/not allow/banish your God from schools or anywhere else?
I keep trying to make that exact point but maybe I'm not wording right ;)
To say that there is now a "void" or because you literally kicked God out of school society is now going to crap because of it.....
is to completely contradict the whole God is everywhere, is all powerful, knows what you are thinking, knows when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake and all that other stuff.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I keep trying to make that exact point but maybe I'm not wording right ;)
To say that there is now a "void" or because you literally kicked God out of school society is now going to crap because of it.....
is to completely contradict the whole God is everywhere, is all powerful, knows what you are thinking, knows when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake and all that other stuff.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how god is a victim here or can somehow be prevented from being with his "chosen" people simply by the words Public School appearing on a building.

What I think is happening is that it is an unintended admission of god being more of a practice or ceremonial rather than just being.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What can be said of the Christian god that sets his chosen children on paths of disobedience and destruction merely because the kids are not allowed to pray to him in school?

Or, is it more of a believers plea that...We are losing these kids as followers because not praying in school is one less chance at keeping a routine of indoctrination?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I understand that you believe that.
Couple of questions -
Are you telling me that removing 15 seconds of prayer in public school made God disappear from your or any Christian's life?
Can a Christian, at any time of the day or night, regardless of where they are, communicate with God?

Who is "we"? Be honest.
No it didn’t and doesn’t affect me and many others at all as far as our communication to God.

Since it was a Supreme Court decision, the “we” is all of us as a society.