Florida Vacation Spots - Need something new. Suggestions?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Me and the wife and kids have gone to Fla every year on vacation. We have been going to St. George island for the past 15 years. We love it, but would like to try somewhere different. My wife is wanting to see some more clear water. I want something not as crowded as Panama City, and we are looking to rent a house with a private pool. Any suggestions? I don't want to drive any futher than around the clearwater area - and would prefer not to have a beach full of highrise hotels and condos and beaches filled with layers of people. Any help would be awesome. Thank you to anyone with suggestions.
You'll need to go to the east coast of Florida to get water that isn't full of algae and jellyfish in the middle of the summer. Especially if you don't want to travel any further south than you stated.

DannyW

Cape San Blas

A favorite of ours...we always go to the far end of the peninsula where it's even less crowded. But anywhere you stay is going to be much, much less crowded than the beaches at PC, Destin, Orange Beach, etc...

At the very end of the developed area, next to the state park, is Secluded Dunes which has nice homes on a very desolate beach. Prepare to pay for the desolation though.

Except for a couple of convenience stores and a small cafe (Cone Heads), you are about 45 minutes from any type of shopping or places to eat. Stock up on groceries and beer in Port St. Joe beforehand.

The whole place is very casual and laid back.