Florida Vacation Spots - Need something new. Suggestions?

kevinstan

Me and the wife and kids have gone to Fla every year on vacation. We have been going to St. George island for the past 15 years. We love it, but would like to try somewhere different. My wife is wanting to see some more clear water. I want something not as crowded as Panama City, and we are looking to rent a house with a private pool. Any suggestions? I don't want to drive any futher than around the clearwater area - and would prefer not to have a beach full of highrise hotels and condos and beaches filled with layers of people. Any help would be awesome. Thank you to anyone with suggestions.

Stonewall 2

I have a buddy that always went to St George as we do as well, and he has started going tp Siesta Key and loves it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Flagler Beach, Palm Coast, up to Crescent Beach are fairly laid back with not many high rises.

Can't guarantee the clear water but the sand is completely different due to the coquina rock.

You are close enough to Daytona & St Augustine if you are looking for other activities besides just the beach.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Navarre beach is nice. Clear water, white sand. Lots of houses for rent. It's a 'damp' county, so only beer and wine sold locally, which cuts down on the rowdy traffic some.

Lilly001

Try Anna Maria Island

X2
And stop at Duffy's tavern.
The south side of Tampa bay is less crowded and cheaper.
And you can not beat the fishing.:yeah:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
If you can go another 30 minutes south, try Nokomis, Fl.

Timberman

I second Siesta/Longboat Key. It’s worth the drive.

Attachments

• DAB89C54-95EB-4F21-B4A3-1E7B1E9BF931.jpg
    DAB89C54-95EB-4F21-B4A3-1E7B1E9BF931.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 385

DAWG1419

Navarre beach is nice. Clear water, white sand. Lots of houses for rent. It's a 'damp' county, so only beer and wine sold locally, which cuts down on the rowdy traffic some.

Clearest water I’ve ever seen in FLA is navarre but
we go to palm coast. Not many around. We stay in condos on the golf course over looking the beach. Not crowded at all.

B. White

I second Siesta/Longboat Key. It’s worth the drive.

I have not fished down there. Flew into Sarasota a few times when the kids were small. At that time it was quite with a bunch of old yankees and a few college kids at the public beach. Never did see any rowdy behavior. Not as much traffic as the Tampa area. Bad red tide one visit and the beach and dead trout from one end to the other.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things

We love Navarre, but since the first time we went back around 07 till now it has surely changed. They have a nice Zoo for the kids also.

Wish it would have stayed more laid back and smallish like it used to be.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Navarre is nice but the traffic is getting where the area is not enjoyable. Been in the Panhandle since 2003 and there is no secrets anymore.

Best I could say in this area is Mexico Beach but that has been found out. Use to be when we hit the beach we went there instead of PCB, bout a half hour more to get there and it was just locals. Now it is everybody.

West end of PCB is still decent as far as crowds but the coming and going stinks around that area.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The traffic at Navarre is crazy. It is okay if you want to walk or ride a bike, but I dont think I will go back. We love Gulf Shores. Not Florida but it's right on the border.

Swamprat

Swamprat
The traffic at Navarre is crazy. It is okay if you want to walk or ride a bike, but I dont think I will go back. We love Gulf Shores. Not Florida but it's right on the border.

Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is nice. Perdido Key area is enjoyable.

Point Clear while not on the beach but Mobile Bay is a laid back area as well.

RedRyder

I second Longboat Key and would add Cedar Key. On Cedar Key just rent a home with golf cart. The whole Key is golf cart friendly.

red neck richie

Flagler Beach, Palm Coast, up to Crescent Beach are fairly laid back with not many high rises.

Can't guarantee the clear water but the sand is completely different due to the coquina rock.

You are close enough to Daytona & St Augustine if you are looking for other activities besides just the beach.

Yup. We stay at Ormond.:cool:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I second Longboat Key and would add Cedar Key. On Cedar Key just rent a home with golf cart. The whole Key is golf cart friendly.

Nice,quiet fishing village but not much for beaches. South of St Augustine is a good place. We've rented a house on the beach. Not many people and your not far from the attractions. We made a day trip to sea world in Orlando from there

kevinstan

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions - We have settled on going back to St. George island again this year. I will keep a lot of these in mind for next year, but it just worked out for St. George. Thanks again to all the input and responses!