BP medicine.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
20mg Lisinopril HCTZ here too. I get the dizziness thing too if I stand up too fast.

The doc will get you worked out lb. Sounds like there may be other things going on besides high BP.

Barfolomew

I've been taking Lisinopril and Amlodipine for years. One of them has two versions, a plain version and I think a HC version. I had to switch form the HC version to the plain version because I was constantly tired and it causes some other side effects I didn't enjoy. All I wanted to do was sleep.

The main things I have to watch now is making sure I am hydrated and don't get super hungry. Both of these will lead to light headedness and possibly fainting. I can do everything I normally did before the medication, just have to be more conscious about when I get dehydrated, stop, drink some water and wait a bit, then continue on.

georgia357

if you develop a cough more than likely that Medicine is responsible. I coughed for 10 months while taking that for my BP. Finally figured out what it was and switched meds.
Its not fun to cough 24/7.

It affected me the same way, had to change to another drug.

lbzdually

Banned
if you develop a cough more than likely that Medicine is responsible. I coughed for 10 months while taking that for my BP. Finally figured out what it was and switched meds.
Its not fun to cough 24/7.

It's like I have been trying to cough since I started it, but it's just a tickle. Took it last night and the dizziness and cruddy feeling has not been nearly as bad.

Patriot44

Banned
Lisinorpil made me cough like I had lunch cancer. Doc switched me to Attentinol and all is good. I am a runner, mostly eat healthy and the worst thing I do is drink too much beer. I am anti salt except on eggs :D

Runs in my family, so I figger I will be on it my entire life. Started when I was in my 20's. I had back surgery in May and going into surgery room and minutes before going under, my BP was 118/85. Runs 135/100 without meds.

JohnnyWalker

My blood pressure has been steadily rising the last few years. Here lately it has been hovering around 140/100. I am 6' and 190 lbs and 38 years old. I'm not a salt addict either. High BP runs in my family, but the ones with problems are overweight by quite a bit. I started Lisinopril yesterday and within about an hour I started feeling horrible. Dizzy as all get out, legs weak, kind of nauseous. I have standing hypotension, meaning every time I get up too fast, or squat then stand back up my BP drops and I nearly pass out. This BP meds has made this much worse. My BP is now 104/78 and feel like crud. How long it usually take for you to get used to the meds? I'm not taking it tonight, because I'm afraid my bp will drop too low and I will forget to get up slow in the middle of the night and end up passing out on the way to the bathroom.
I take lisinopril myself and never had a problem. A word of caution about diet, most canned vegetables are loaded with salt as are some frozen vegetables. Always check package labels to make sure they contain little or no sodium. Canned soups are also loaded with salt.

Dr. Strangelove

My blood pressure has been steadily rising the last few years. Here lately it has been hovering around 140/100. I am 6' and 190 lbs and 38 years old. I'm not a salt addict either. High BP runs in my family, but the ones with problems are overweight by quite a bit. I started Lisinopril yesterday and within about an hour I started feeling horrible. Dizzy as all get out, legs weak, kind of nauseous. I have standing hypotension, meaning every time I get up too fast, or squat then stand back up my BP drops and I nearly pass out. This BP meds has made this much worse. My BP is now 104/78 and feel like crud. How long it usually take for you to get used to the meds? I'm not taking it tonight, because I'm afraid my bp will drop too low and I will forget to get up slow in the middle of the night and end up passing out on the way to the bathroom.

I'm on 40mg of Lisinorpril daily myself, it and Carvedilol got me out of heart failure. Call your doctor and explain your symptoms, it may be that you were prescribed too high a dose in the beginning. I know my cardiologist started me off on a low dose and ramped it up as needed.

Whatever you do, don't give up on it, high BP will kill you or worse, give you a stroke and stick you in a wheelchair or nursing home.

Sodium intake is a big thing to watch, and I struggle with it. Sodium levels are high in just about everything that is not fresh, uncooked or uncured food. As I tell my doctor, I do the best I can, but I still do live my life. Sometimes the best option is the least bad option. I have cut down on salty foods, but as a NC mountain boy, I still gots to have my bacon and country ham every now and then, just not daily.

lbzdually

Banned
The diuretic part of the meds is killing me. To top it off I am having reflux really bad, especially with water, so I am getting dehydrated. That stinks because a kidney stone woke me up this morning and has been hitting me off and on all day. Take me around back and shoot me, can't win for losing.

Latest posts