Gun show Cobb Civic Center......

Alan in GA

I have not been to a gun show in about 5 years before today.
I think I'll wait another 5+ years for the next one ..... $10 lesson

Last edited:

I was going to go today but had a small emergency come up. Looks like I didn't miss much?

Bill Mc

Haven't been to a gun show in at least 10 years. But I've worked in a gun store for at least 10 years. Must be reason somewhere in this.

It doesn't cost anything in a gun store unless...

Gator89

I went to one at Gwinnett Fairgrounds a couple of years ago, left with a nice FEG Hi Power clone for $350 OTD.

No guarantees, either way.

Alan in GA

I think 'Beads, Baubles and Trinkets' would be more descriptive than 'Gun Show'.
I like USED older guns and gun related junk, not the offerings I saw at this show.

Last edited:

Anvil Head

Quit them things long ago. Never liked paying to get in for a "deal" that is 10% to 20% higher than going into a free entry local gun shop (not talking big box). Worth the extra nickle to deal with a reasonable person that actually knows something about his product.

GunnSmokeer

I haven't seen real "deals" at a gun show since the early 1990s, before Bill Clinton got elected. So that would be 1991, probably, the last time prices were reasonable and not jacked-up.

For me, a gun show is just that-- A SHOW. Not a shopping trip. Maybe I'll buy something once every 10 years at a guns show, but most of the time I'm just looking and feeling and getting to know the guns.

GA native

I went there for a gun show about 6 years ago. The place was so crowded you could barely move. DHS trucks filled up one corner of the parking lot. No bargains. No point in being there. I bought a couple of cheap knives for my nephews, but haven't been to a gun show since then.

specialk

The best deals can be found in the parking lot.....

Knotmuch

The one in Savannah is pretty good. We go on Sunday, and it's still crowded. I take guns with me to trade for something different. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Robert28

Last one I went to was back in Feb. and prices were coming down on some things, still crazy high on others (.22 ammo). I bought some MagPul AR mags and thought I got a deal at $12 a piece. Problem was Academy had them on sale for $10 a pop when I stopped by there after leaving.

Deerhead

Last one I went to I wanted some 223 amo from GA Arms. All the bullets were dented. Not the tips or case but the sides of the actual bullets were all dented. I blame myself and I will chalk that one up to a lesson learned! Inspect before you purchase!

Lilly001

I see gun shows as entertainment. To me it's like others going to a movie. 10 bucks for an hour or two of entertainment.
And an occasional deal can be had. I've bought some of my most interesting guns at shows.
But most of the time I just look.