11-18-14

HOG-HEAD

well we had about 1/2 inch of rain and cold weather set in....we had 12 dogs and 3 people show up yesterday...oh and the wind showed up also big time...20 mph gust....anyway we gave it a go...I turned out in the jinx - tower block , only took a few minutes for roxy and the gang to get one up and going....we tried to stay ahead of them best as we could and after about an hour we caught them crossing out of the drive....then lightbulb turned out his beagles on low rd and after a few minutes they were running , I thought I had them cut off on spike rd , then turned and headed back out to gopher hole rd towards billy pate and turned from him back into the middle of the block and soon crossed out running a small buck just out of shooting range....billy did let a small doe as she slipped out of the block....next drive I turned out roxy ,buck ,Katie and bug off of archer rd towards the shepperd place...after about 10 min and watching them on the garmin I heard roxy strike , then the rest joined in they started up the creek towards spike rd ...lightbulb and billy were up new rd waitng for them .. they must have smelled them and turned and headed back down the creek....oh yea guess who was waiting there...that's right me...Big buck down....3 pt...oh well he was a trophy to me cause my dogs ran him to me....that pretty much summed up the day it was cold n windy and all the leaves are souring on the ground , good day to be on the roost ...not to shabby for 12 dogs and 3 knuckleheads on a 13k acre hunting club