11/12 am

Dupree

Shots are picking up. I’m also getting pics from several cameras. I’m extending my sit until 10. Almost wish I hadn’t shot this doe so I could keep sitting.

Ace1313

I sat for only a hour saw five. Came back to the house to send a little time with my folks before they head back to Atlanta. Might get out this evening.

Deer were really active last night down here. It was as if a light switch had been flipped in terms of movement. Of course a 30* temperature drop does that!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Another doe came by

Dupree

Baby doe ran by shortly after last post. I’m on the ground now. Taking stand to truck and getting sled to drag.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Calling for the morning to head to church. Ant, hope a short track is ahead! Congrats!
Good luck..hope it’s a short track job
Yea baby..atta boy
Unfortunately I’ve searched high and low for 3 hours . Only looked so hard because he was carrying his leg on the side I shot him on . Only found a little meat and hair at shot site . Had a flock of turkeys all around me and I was trying to be a photographer and the buck caught me off guard . When I moved my gun the turkeys started spooking and it spooked the buck and I guess I took a stupid shot . Hopefully I just grazed him . Thought about trying a dog but I tracked him to another property and I can’t get ahold of them . It’s a hard pill to swallow , I do a lot of work and hunting on this property and haven’t shot a buck on it since 2017 . And I’d be scared to guess how many I’ve let walk , a couple bigger than the one I shot this morning , but he got me excited and was mature . Maybe next time

basshappy

BANNED
Unfortunately I’ve searched high and low for 3 hours . Only looked so hard because he was carrying his leg on the side I shot him on . Only found a little meat and hair at shot site . Had a flock of turkeys all around me and I was trying to be a photographer and the buck caught me off guard . When I moved my gun the turkeys started spooking and it spooked the buck and I guess I took a stupid shot . Hopefully I just grazed him . Thought about trying a dog but I tracked him to another property and I can’t get ahold of them . It’s a hard pill to swallow , I do a lot of work and hunting on this property and haven’t shot a buck on it since 2017 . And I’d be scared to guess how many I’ve let walk , a couple bigger than the one I shot this morning , but he got me excited and was mature . Maybe next time

Keep trying the neighbors and get a hold of a tracker and line the dog up so when you get the OK yer set to track and recover the deer.

Also how are you in terms with property owner(s)? Neighbor tracked a deer onto our property, couldn't reach us, and kept tracking. The tracking dog found the shot deer. Hunter eventually reached us. Was not a problem. We were not hunting then, he and Tracker and dog wore orange, and we were glad the deer was recovered. Maybe your neighbor would be OK with tracking?