11/12 am

Dupree

I just parked at the wma. Going back in to where I saw a spike and 3 does yesterday. Brought my climber this morning, so I can see everything I need to see. The way the land lays I have to watch one draw or another, and deer used both yesterday evening. Even 10’ off the ground will allow me to see. Going to hang out here for about 15 minutes then head in. It’s either sex today, but I’m not sure what I might shoot. I guess it depends on if it’s uphill towards the truck or downhill further from the truck.

Dupree

Two trucks just drove by. I got out and listened and it Sounded like they kept going much deeper. Hasn’t been a whole lot of people hunting down this road. I figure the either sex day and lack of rain will bring some more folks out today.

Dupree

I’m up and settled. Saw a flash light to my west probably 200 yards through the woods for a split second about the time I got done climbing. Good luck all.

ssramage

Was running a few minutes behind this morning but got to the club and had the whole place to myself. Guess our folks either stayed up too late watching the Dawgs or they know better than to hunt this weather then I do. Overcast, drizzling and windy.

Oh well... unusual for me but I got a solo hall pass this am with no kids. Hunting a club stand on the powerline that I've actually never hunted before. It's still fun to me that there are stands I've never hunted after 6 or so years of being a member here.

Dupree

My dad has been bugging me for a doe. I’ll sit until 9:30 and see if I can get a bonus buck. Heard a shot about 3-400 yards away and turned to look in that direction. Saw doe and her baby headed my way trotting. Shot big doe 40 yards behind me and she crashed 20 yards in front. IMG_1683.jpeg