Fl. State

westcobbdog

You sunshine state boys can say what you want, but step back and take a long look at those teams mentioned. FSU hasn’t been the same since the NC and seems to have trended slowly downward into what we see now—add in a disgruntled fan base and next thing ya know is Jimbo is the OC at Georgia Southern and FSU is in hock on payroll for two coaches. Flarduh on the other hand has been living on Booms players and defense for three (?) years; all while thinking McElwain could cook up some offense. Both schools see a bizarre drop below their norms in recruiting.
Now look at the U; they were HORRIBLE when dude in a tie was coaching! They get a new coach and after a season in office, he has them 8-0 (?)undefeated and in the national discussion.
UGA has been unable to win the games they are supposed to win for years. They seemed to lose a head scratch every year. They can their coach and after one year of growing pains, here comes a UGA team that’s beating teams they may have lost to in years past. And the teams they are beating are being beatensoundly. Both of these schools are recruiting at a high levels.
Put aside homerism for 5 minutes and evaluate. Go do your own homework on this and then make your own judgement. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Its great Coaching and Chemistry that make it happen or maybe excellent coaching just makes for good chem.
My old team, Marietta Blue Devils, scoured the land for a great coach in the 90's or early 2000's. Found a Bear disciple named Dexter Woods. Shortly after he was hired on they went on a long tear, producing players like Eric Zeier..then Dexter left Marietta and went to and resurrected Buford..the common link to sucess is tremendous coaching which made Buford a powerful machine.

westcobbdog

This along with a motivational problem. That falls on Jimbo. While we are "inches away from 5-1, we're also "inches" away from 0-6.

Looks like the bowl streak will be broken this yr

Do the fans want a change in coaching?

When CJF challenges a fan to come down on the field and heckle him to his face its not a good thing...

Matthew6

Banned thug
facepalm:
Serious question here: Are we seeing a power shift in CFB in the south? Resurrected Miami and a resurgent UGA both going back to 1980’s type strengths? Flarduh and the Noles both regressing to 1970s type expectations?
Sure seems that way.

what did the dogs do in the 80 s after herschel left in what 81 or or 82. facepalm:

SpotandStalk

Do the fans want a change in coaching?

When CJF challenges a fan to come down on the field and heckle him to his face its not a good thing...

The fans I know want a new o line coach and D coordinator. And no, its not good.

I've never been a fan of either of those guys. I'm not saying fire Jimbo but his staff needs an overhaul.

brownceluse

Hey bud :cheers:, not hating on the pups. I think y'all are the real deal this year.......at least so far. My post was part tongue in cheek and part serious. I just don't think the Georgia fan base, which has been the definition of frustration for so long can start looking down at others that have been generally successful in comparison. :huh:. All teams go through a rebuilding from time to time....some just take longer than others facepalm:.:bounce:

Agree I've been real careful on my approach with drinking koolaid. Been here before. If they go to Jacksonville prepared I'll start feeling a lot better.

MCBUCK

facepalm:

what did the dogs do in the 80 s after herschel left in what 81 or or 82. facepalm:

One NC, yes. I get where you’re going. They may not have been spectacular, but a few conference championships and while not flashy they were solid. Win the games they were supposed to win. Stayed competitive. But we did own Flarduh. ::ke:

MCBUCK

And after a quick glance. Bama wasn’t world beaters in the 80s themselves.

nickel back

Agree I've been real careful on my approach with drinking koolaid. Been here before. If they go to Jacksonville prepared I'll start feeling a lot better.

THIS^^^^

the gators have away of beating us even if we have the better team. It will a hard fought game me thinks.

GO!!!!!!!DAWGS!!!!!!!

bullgator

THIS^^^^

the gators have away of beating us even if we have the better team. It will a hard fought game me thinks.

GO!!!!!!!DAWGS!!!!!!!

I think the difference in the two teams is to great this year for UF to get the upset :biggrin2:. I honestly don't see the signs of a Georgia team that loses a game due to not being focused. I miss Richt already!

MCBUCK

found on another site...

" ...the undefeated UGA awkwardness. It’s like being a baby deer on new legs."

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Hey bud :cheers:, not hating on the pups. I think y'all are the real deal this year.......at least so far.

No, we are not the real deal. We have looked pretty doggone good most of the time but we have also looked pretty doggone bad some of the time. We have improved significantly to the point there is an expectation we can win every game we play but there is also the likelihood we won't win every game we play.

As far as the real deal goes, I'll let you know after we have played you gators, the barn and GT.

bullgator

No, we are not the real deal. We have looked pretty doggone good most of the time but we have also looked pretty doggone bad some of the time. We have improved significantly to the point there is an expectation we can win every game we play but there is also the likelihood we won't win every game we play.

As far as the real deal goes, I'll let you know after we have played you gators, the barn and GT.

I hope we get the doggone bad dawgs Saturday :bounce:..

tcward

Yep...been to Jacksonville several times with a far superior team and came away with an L....but.....

NOT THIS YEAR! GO DAWGS!:biggrin2:

MCBUCK

and it has been 37 years and change since the dogs won anything. lol v

Did a former employer with a UGA degree abuse you at some point? You are exceptionally tender today. Bama was terrible in the 80’s and that was the decade mentioned in the context of my post. I agree, we haven’t won a title since 1980; not a huge secret in sports talk circles ya know. Please, take the time and tell us more about the recent successes of Nick Saban and the Sabanites. We’ve got time.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Did a former employer with a UGA degree abuse you at some point? You are exceptionally tender today. Bama was terrible in the 80’s and that was the decade mentioned in the context of my post. I agree, we haven’t won a title since 1980; not a huge secret in sports talk circles ya know. Please, take the time and tell us more about the recent successes of Nick Saban and the Sabanites. We’ve got time.

2eQP1Ai.gif

You tell him, Buck!

Matthew6

Banned thug

when the dogs win something let us know. please dont sit here and think the dogs were a miami and fsu type program in the 80s and nineties. you won your title jan 1 1980. it been all mediocrity since then.

Bob Wallace

I'm a GSU Eagle and a Gator. Tough year for both my teams for sure. That said, I've always liked the Dawgs and I'm happy that they got Kirby in there. I see a few real good years for UGA and a W in J-ville this year. Then I hope they beat Bama bad.