? on the bushnell trail cam.

southwestslayer

My wife bought me a bushnell trail cam and i put it up im having issues with the bateries wanted to fall out and i have no reading on the led screen when i flip button to on. i can see things in the setting mode but not in the on position... any help or experience with this would be grately appreciated.

mgdhunter

I assume you are talking about the Trophy Cam?! I have two of these. If you bump/knock them, the batteries can get knocked out but neither of my just fall out. I always check them one last time after I put it on a tree just to be sure. When you flip the camera to the "ON" position, it sets the camera to take pictures/video (FYI - video will kill your batteries). Flipping the camera to the "Setting" position allows you to see how many pictures have been taken and make changes with the settings. Always make sure you camera is in the "OFF" position before inserting an SD card otherwise you may have some issues with it reading the card.

Brianf

The viewing screen only stays on in the settings position. It would burn up the batteries if the screen stayed on the entire time the cam was out.

southwestslayer

one more ? did your cam come with a strap? i have had primos moultrie and cuddeback and all have come with a strap. this cam did not which was extremely weird to me.

Brianf

one more ? did your cam come with a strap? i have had primos moultrie and cuddeback and all have come with a strap. this cam did not which was extremely weird to me.

The are good cams with a great warranty/customer service. I have had several and all of them came with an 1 inch wide strap that snaps together. However, I always replace the strap with a python cable lock to slow down the thieves.

mgdhunter

I love my cameras. The night pictures are not the best I have seen but the daytime pics are amongst the best. I love the hybrid and video mode but it kills your batteries. When set to take 2 or 3 burst pictures, I can get about a year out of 8 lithium batteries. My first camera purchased a few years ago came with a strap. The newest camera purchased a few months ago did not. Guess Bushnell is cutting costs.

JasonF

All the Bushnell cameras I have bought have come with a strap.

starbucks

I've got probably 15 of these cameras. I've had more than 15 (some broken, some returned, etc.) I've never had an issue with the batteries just falling out of it. You may want to check to make sure the spring contacts are not damaged or bent in such a way that they don't hold the batteries in place properly. Also, it should have come with a strap and cables (USB and video). Was your packaging damaged or opened? I suppose they could have forgotten to pack the strap with it, but that's doubtful.

They are great cameras when you get one that works. I've bought a couple of cases of them before and 2 out of 5 worked properly. The issues i've experienced with these cameras are: takes photos non-stop, time and date stamp automatically reset at random, camera powers on, but LCD screen doesn't work.

I've got a couple that have worked for 4 years or so, without issue. I've just bought so many and have been disappointed in warranty issues that I've just about stopped buying them and moved to other brands.

southwestslayer

yea the funny thing is this is my second i returned my first because there was no strap and got another cam that cam did not come with a strap either. i guess theyre cutting cost.. idk im going to give it another go in hopes that it work if it doesnt ill return and move on

starbucks

They are good cameras when you get one that works. I just wish they had a little more quality control. Buying a case of them (5 cameras) and only having 2 work is a turn-off. If it's going to mess up, it will usually do it within the first couple of weeks.

Hope you get one that works out of the box. If you do, you'll enjoy it, they are nice cameras and take a great picture. Good luck!

JetFuelBurner

I had the same problem with my 2. I just got them last month.

With the camera all set up, I headed to camp, went to put the cams out, switched to setting mode and nothing. I noticed a couple of the batteries had jostled loose just enough to lose contact. Wiped out all the settings I had done. Grrr... Had to re-do in the field. Date, time, and a couple others. Oddly, it remembered to stay in field scan, high res though. Strangely, either I set it up wrong or didn't realize the setting had changed. It took 2 pics/min for 3 weeks. Filled up a 32gb card. Holy cow. Crashed a brand new mac laptop the first time I tried to load it. Did get some interesting shots though. Picture quality is outstanding. I am going to place in a travel route and set to motion. Pics again.

I only wish the Bushnell had a combo field scan/motion setting like the 2 cams I got last year.

Last year I tried the Moultree 555i with the subdued flash. I could barely see that in the dark. Pic quality was ok but not great. Hard to make out some pics. In motion, it picked up a buck coming into the clearing 30+ yds away. I can't believe it triggered that far. Caught some running deer...chased by dogs. Grrr. I really like that you can set a morning and evening field scan mode and then have it default to motion all other times. Of course nobody carries them any more! Got them at WalMart online last year. I would have bought more even with the lesser pic quality. That hybrid mode is awesome.

In case you're wondering, at the highest resolution setting, a 32 gb card will hold over 30,000 pictures. Fog rolling in and out of a field looks really cool when scrolling each pic really fast!!

southwestslayer

lol I don't know if I could go thru 30k pics. but thanks for the info im going to be setting mine up this weekend so hopefully I will hav a report here in a week or so