2013 brute x

Hittin Bombs

Can someone explain how to turn the draw lbs down. I recently hurt my shoulder, and with it turned up, it's a little hard to pull back smoothly. Thanks in advance.
Joey

alligood729

Joey, get you a solid, sturdy allen wrench set, make sure to turn equal turns off each limb bolt. On that bow, each turn will be about 2.5-3lbs. Do about 2 turns on each limb and try it.....or search Backwoods Bowstrings in Woodstock, he is a dealer and will be glad to give the bow a once over and get it hunt ready.

Garnto88

Make sure to loosen the smaller bolts before turning those Limb bolts. The smaller Allen head screws connecting the limbs and riser need to be loosened slightly. They are on both sides and both ends

Hittin Bombs

Thanks alligood:
I did what you said, I had to turn both three times so that I could pull back smoother and with just a little tweek on the sight to the right, I'm hittin what I'm aiming at consistently. :flag:

Garnto:
I didn't loosen the smaller Allen screws first. will it hurt the bow? What adverse effects will it have. I had already loosened the limb bolts before checking back on to this post.

alligood729

Thanks alligood:
I did what you said, I had to turn both three times so that I could pull back smoother and with just a little tweek on the sight to the right, I'm hittin what I'm aiming at consistently. :flag:

Garnto:
I didn't loosen the smaller Allen screws first. will it hurt the bow? What adverse effects will it have. I had already loosened the limb bolts before checking back on to this post.

On the Brute there are no locking screws that have to be loosened first, some models do have them but not this one. You are good to go!

Garnto88

I've always loosened mine as was shown in the manual but I could be wrong. Alligood would know better than me. I'm sure it's fine.