need some walking stick suggestions

.243wssm

ok i am making walkingstick for my pastor and i am kindof wanting it to be a surpise so i cant ask him what he wants on it.and already i have his last name at the top and below his name i put psalm 23. and above his name at the top i tried to carve in a little something nothing fancy its just somthing like this /\/\/\/\ and there was some kind of under bark so where it comes up in the carving its darker and the spot it goes down is lighter. but the walking stick still looks kind of blank and i cant think of anything to put on it.. does anyone have any ideas of what to put on it

bigkga69

since it has somewhat of a religious theme to it, and its for a pastor, why dont you include the fish design on it, not sure what its called, but the little stick fish....maybe like carved in a parallel pattern with the stick facing up and down....one fish looking up the stick, the next looking down the stick...etc etc....all the way around the stick...

bigkga69

something like this..

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 147

.243wssm

and mayne i could angle that down a little and kindof wrap it around and go down the walkingstick at the same time

bigkga69

like a step....hows this....???

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 148

.243wssm

thats it that looks about perfect thats what im going to do i am going to do that down it for about a foot or 2 and just wrap it around it while going down. ill get some pics up of it once i get it put on there and ready to have the polly put on. thanks