Alabama hunting fines?

DSGB

I know hunting without a license is $1000 this year. So, $2400 sounds about right.

whitworth

One things for sure

She sure won't be happy at work til after the New Year.
Of course, having a job is better than spending a month in an Alabama jail.

Trizey

We keep a small lease in Russell county, yes that is some big fines, but the Ala non resident hunting fees are pretty expensive to start with ($350+)

$275 unless you buy over the internet, then it's $279. They actually went up a little this year.

turtlebug

Well, it just keeps getting thicker. There was a certain "officer" from Georgia involved. His identity and location were hidden because the party was worried about him losing his job had he been caught hunting in another state illegally while his job here in Georgia is to make sure that folks ARE hunting legally.

In other words, they didn't tell the 'Bama ranger that there was another person or where he was.

It's getting deeper and deeper. Her Georgia "officer" boyfriend has actually been letting her hunt illegally here in Georgia.

I'm trying real hard to ease into getting his name. Maybe I should stay out of it, but officers should follow the law just like anyone else. :smash:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
i feel for her--$2400 is a lot to pay right now---with the crappy economy, christmas coming up and all.

HAVE A HEART!

1. Hunting without a license - Sorry, no heart here. Throw the book at her. Heck, throw the printing press that printed the book at her too.

2. Hunting over bait - Maybe a little heart if her testimony is convincing about not knowing she was hunting over bait. In view of 1. above, that testimony is going to have to be real convincing and corroborated by someone else who admits he/she placed the bait, unbeknownst to the young lady.

3. See 1. above.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Well, it just keeps getting thicker. There was a certain "officer" from Georgia involved. His identity and location were hidden because the party was worried about him losing his job had he been caught hunting in another state illegally while his job here in Georgia is to make sure that folks ARE hunting legally.

In other words, they didn't tell the 'Bama ranger that there was another person or where he was.

It's getting deeper and deeper. Her Georgia "officer" boyfriend has actually been letting her hunt illegally here in Georgia.

I'm trying real hard to ease into getting his name. Maybe I should stay out of it, but officers should follow the law just like anyone else. :smash:

Amen!!!!!! :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
$275 unless you buy over the internet, then it's $279. They actually went up a little this year.

Yep.....Paid em $278.95 just last week over the phone......The girl gave me a number and said I was good to hunt so I don't understand the harvest record issue.......I'll call the GW for my area and find out.

Robert

Trizey

Yep.....Paid em $278.95 just last week over the phone......The girl gave me a number and said I was good to hunt so I don't understand the harvest record issue.......I'll call the GW for my area and find out.

Robert

Robert- You'll need to go online and print the harvest tags yourself. Actually you'll be printing the license with the deer and turkey harvest tags on it.

T

gadeerwoman

Unfortunately she is not alone...and it happens in Ga too. Folks just don't seem to care until it starts some serious hurt to their wallet. Sure hated to see GA drop the item confiscation years ago. That put the stop on some folks once they lost their vehicle and guns. Thumbs up to AL for putting some serious teeth into the laws. Wish our own state would belly up to the bar and do the same:banginghe

tinytim

Wow.....Now I know what is meant by who you know instead of what you know.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Well this should be interesting...

T

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher

Thanks, my bad, I got some big ole' fingers and need to proof-read my posts.