Lock and Dam Park, Coosa River, Rome

JPetrick

I haven't been up there for a few months. I heard the dock at the launch ramp had been taken out since I was last there. Has it been replaced? Any fishing reports from that area?

JPetrick

Thanks for the info. My brother-in-law will be visiting to do some fishing next week and I wanted to take him to the Coosa. But he couldn't get into the boat without a dock to step in from. Did you catch anything? What's around there now?

bird35

Was the dock near the water. I was there in late February and the dock was not in a position where one could step off of the dock into a boat.

Most of us pulled our boats onto the ramp and stepped into the front of our boats.

JPetrick

Just checked the river level. It is rising and at 12' now. Probably higher than when you were there in Feb. and probably going up steadily with the rain. But I don't know how high the water needs to be. I'm thinking the last time I was there crappie fishing this winter it was about 10' and the dock was fine. I'd hate to drive all the way up there from Acworth only to find that he couldn't get into the boat to fish.

I think I'll take a chance and go. I even enjoy the drive up there. Fishing is a bonus.

Thanks for the information though. If anyone else has more current information it would be appreciated.