What to do?

ErikGibb

Someone is poaching on our land. Today drove up on three carcasses with the back straps and hams missing. Do y'all have any good ideas on how to catch these CensoredCensoredCensored? Thanks

shdw633

Someone is poaching on our land. Today drove up on three carcasses with the back straps and hams missing. Do y'all have any good ideas on how to catch these CensoredCensoredCensored? Thanks

Get the game warden involved. Find out where they are going in and out of and set up cameras up in a tree pointed down so that they don't see the cameras as cameras are your best friend. Mainly get the game warden involved.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
One way is to befriend the locals. They drive or walk by your place every day year round.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Cameras are your friend.

Boss, you are right. If they are deployed properly, you will find out real soon when someone is trespassing, poaching, etc because you can have the proof in hand.

Make sure that before you install your cameras in the woods that you put a small piece of black electrical tape over the "red-light" sensor on your cameras as the culprits will NEVER see any red light blinking when it senses the heat and movement right before it takes their photo. This way, it has their photo and I promise you that a person HAS to be looking right at the camera and straining really hard to see the 1/10th of a second that any red glow happens on any IR cameras. Trust me, it works like a charm as every one of my cameras are done this way.

I'm going to the woods in a few minutes as I bought 10 more WGI cameras on Tuesday afternoon and I received them yesterday afternoon. I am going to install 3 of these in the woods today as I installed the batteries and set up these three yesterday right after receiving them. I also installed one of them in my front yard within 20 minutes of receiving this shipment yesterday. I already uploaded and reviewed the card this morning and it had photos of every car driving down my street since yesterday afternoon too. Had a good photo of the Newspaper carrier as they threw my newspaper in the yard earlier this morning too. :D

I hope you catch these low-down pieces of garbage too.