Oklahoma

Atlsooner

My son was Orlando Brown's backup in HS. Besides 4th quarter mop up duty, I think my son got to play one play in his final year of HS, on a play where Orlando had his helmet come off, and under GHSA rules, he had to sit out for one play.

That dude is one of the most massive human beings I have ever seen in person...6'8" and 360 pounds. When you stand beside him it makes you feel very small. And he seemed to be a nice kid...my son said he was very approachable and well mannered.

And in about 6 months, he will be a very rich kid too. He is projected to be a mid 1st round pick in the draft.

Should be a good game, and at least a one game test of how the SEC and Big 12 really match up.

Couldn't agree with you more. Just a good kid, that fell into OU's lap. Was a UT commit and he was signing with them on signing day. And ole Butch decided he didn't need him and denied him the scholly. He then signed with OU and it shocked the staff at OU. What a nice pickup he's been. And a good kid.

DannyW

Yeah AltSooner, I had a volunteer position in the program as the spotter for JV games. The varsity HC would sit in the booth during JV games and we had several conversations about Brown. He said his biggest challenge with Orlando, besides managing his weight (at one point in his HS career his weight ballooned to over 400 pounds :hair:) was to make him more aggressive and meaner. Apparently he was a timid player who was afraid that he was going to hurt someone with his size.

Something to watch for in the Ok/GA game...when Peachtree Ridge played Norcross in their senior seasons, Lorenzo Carter was matched up across from Brown. In that game Brown absolutely owned Carter. He frustrated him to the point that Carter tried to pick a fight with Brown, and Carter drew two personal fouls in the first half. He was not used to being dominated and completely lost his composure.

Carter has moved from the D-line to linebacker in college but could still line up across from Brown in some situations. It will be interesting to see if there is any lingering animosity between the two in this game.

MCBUCK

here are a few of the Joe Moore Award semi finalist:*No.

Auburn*finalist
Georgia
Notre Dame*finalist
Oklahoma

Just a hunch, but I am guessing UGAs DL has seen some fair OL performances this year. But on the flip side, I am also guessing that OU's OL has not seen a front seven like UGA's That isn't to say we will be the best, but UGA's will be far different than what they are used to playing against in the BigXII

I am going to call this some old school "Ditch Ball" cause in order to win this game, they are going to have to get down in the ditch to win.

Latest posts