Guns you will never part with.

harryrichdawg

I've got quite a few.

Marlin M60 .22 LR. Last Christmas present from my grandmother before she passed. I was 15.

Taurus M85 .38 SPC. My grandfather's pistol. Grandmother gave it to me when I was 18. Carried it for years, but was afraid I'd lose it due to theft or confiscation after use. Hasn't even been loaded in 15+ years.

Cheyenne Dickson Scout .38 SPC. My other grandfather's pistol. Asked my mom and uncles for it when they were settling the estate. Not safe to shoot, but I've got others to shoot.

Remington 700 BDL .30-06. First rifle I ever bought for myself. Bought it from a family friend who is dead now. It's killed 30-something deer and several coyotes for me in the last 18 seasons. I don't carry it as much any more, but I still try to kill my first deer every year with it.

Remington 11-87 SP CAMO 12 gauge. The gun I always wanted but couldn't afford. Finally bought it used at a pawn shop for $400 (lot of money to me back then) when I was 21 or 22. Killed a lot of doves with that gun in the past 15 years.

S&W 59 9mm. First handgun I bought when I turned 21. Sold it once but bought it back (for less than I sold it for). Won't let it go again.

Browning Buckmark .22 LR. Belonged to my best friend's dad who was like a 2nd dad to me. Sold it for his widow and then regretted it. Bought the same gun at a local gun store and traded it to the buyer so that I could get Lee's gun back.

Remington hammerless SxS 12 gauge. Was my great great granddaddy's gun. Daddy still has it, but it'll be mine one day.

Ruger Carbine .44 Magnum. Killed my first deer with it. Nuff said.

leftystar

underwood M1 carbine of my papa's (same type of gun he used in the war) he got from his brother from when he was a revenue agent . and still shoots like a dream.

Big7

The Oracle
I have only parted with 2. I'm gonna be 50 in November.

I have a hard time getting rid of "toys" that are paid for.:D

The ONE that will NEVER go is an old heavy, real wood n steel H&R .410 bore.

My Dad and Uncle shared that one when they were kids and
couldn't have 2 of anything except livestock and plows.

I had the bottom end replaced prolly 10 years ago and re finished it.
Dad did the wood and I did the steel.

She is a beauty and I plan on leaving it to my nephews,
NEVER to leave the family... I HOPE!

PS.. Rabbit killer from heck. Long bbl, full choke
is poison for squirrels and rabbits. It don't mess them up to
bad. Still use it to this day (I got it when I was a pre-teen.)

First gun Daddy would let me take out by myself.
He said .22 would go to far.

I used to shoot dove with it until a box of shells cost $13.00
a box.

The say everything has a price. Better be a LOT of digits if you want this one.:D

GoodRaven

A 1971? Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 semi auto .22, the one with a squirrel on the stock (My Ex-Father-in-law [father outlaw?] gave it to me; It was the only good thing I got out of my first marriage, besides my kids)

Springfield M1A socom 16, a little heavy, but handles well in the thick woods when you won't be shooting any further than ~200 yds.

GA native

The H&R 20 gauge I got for Christmas when I was seven.

The Dan Wesson .44 mag revolver my Dad gave to me from his collection. He went ahead and gave that to me now, so I wouldn't have to fight my siblings for it when he dies. It meant a lot to him, so now, it means a lot to me.

The rest of them are always open for trade.

Ajohnson0587

I won't get rid on any. I sold 2 guns about 8yrs ago after losing my job to get by, I have regretted it ever since. I should of sold my TV or Race car instead lol. I have about 35guns and will never sell any of them. None of them have any real sentimental value other then I love guns and having a variety makes me happy lol. I wish I could say one of them was passed down from someone in my family, but I'm the only person in my family that is into guns.

leroy

A remington 11-48 20 ga that was ny grandfathers, remington sportsman 11-58 16 ga that was my dads, marlin 30-30 that my dad gave me killed my first deer with it and both my sons killed their first deer with it.

hoytman308

I have 2 that will never leave my hands. My .308 that my mom and dad got me when I was 10-11 yrs old and a 30-06 my granny bought for my papa for one of their anniversaries. Everyone should have at least one that money can't buy!!

Lilly001

I have a good many guns but only a few that have real, sentamental, value.
I have a couple from my dad and two from my grand dad. I also have a couple like the rifle that i, my brother, and my son all shot our first deer with.
My problem is that as I get older I begin to realise that when I am gone it isn't realistic to expect my family to keep but a few of them. So I'm beginning to think I need to part with those of lesser sentiment while I can do it myself instead of burdonin my wife or family.

georgia_home

A savage 511 mom bought me and dads 755a.

Traded my first, a hr topper 20ga, for a mossy bolt 12 at ripe old age of 11ish. Big mistake.

The topper 20 and that junky Mossberg were the only guns I ever parted with, but the 2 above will never go, for sure.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My first deer rifle... My dad gave me a Winchester 3030 when i was 8yr old. I will part with it the day i pass on.

lonewolf247

I'm kind of like a few of the other guys. I don't particularly get attached to any of them, other than a couple that are sentimental for one reason or another.

I have a Franchi 48AL 20 gauge, that was given to me, for my 10th birthday, and I'd never get rid of that one. It is a great shotgun, but it's important to me, because it was a gift from my parents.

I buy several firearms, when I come across a great deal, used or new, and after owning some of them, I realize I don't use them, or like something about them, so I'll sell them to buy something more useful.

Last year, I was looking over my collection of firearms, and decided to get rid of a few I didn't want/need, and I bought 6-7 quality rifle scopes, with the money. I had more guns than I needed, and a bunch of cheap scopes. Now, the rifles, I kept, are better equip with quality optics.

So bottom line, I don't really have very many collectable firearms, I'm more into nice functioning useful ones. So I don't mind, buying, selling, and swapping around a bit, to get what I want.

br6ppc

I have a few that I can't part with. I have my Dad's Belgian BAR 30/06 and his ABolt II 7mm08 Micro-hunter. Those are not for sale. I have my first rifle that my Dad gave me, Remington 7400 270 Win, that has too much sentimental value to sell. The only rifle I have without sentimental value that I would not part with is, of all things, a Browning ABolt stainless stalker in 30/06. I have never been interested in a 30/06 as I really like oddball calibers. However, I picked this rifle up last year NIB. It shoots like a "house afire". It may be just a "plain" 30/06, but it's a definite keeper. There is a reason the 30/06 has been around for so long I guess, it just works, no fuss, no muss.

mwood1985

I've got a laundry list. 1903 Springfield my great grandfather carried into the Marne. Grandfather's AH fox sterlingworth. My great grandfathers oldest brother brought his Krag back from Cuba. He was one of the rough riders. Stuff I could never replace if I tried

deast1988

My first deer Rifle Browning Abolt Micro Medallion .308.

My first bought deer riflr Abolt stalker .300wsm year they came out.

A M1 garand stamped international harvester my grand father left me.

A Ruger m77 stainless in .280, my mom killed her first deer with and that rifle Ive never seen another like like it.

Dirtroad Johnson

I don't plan on selling any of my guns but I have 2 that are special as far as sentimental value. My great grandfather's old 12 gauge rabbit eared double barrel & a 12 gauge 1955 Belgium made browning my Dad bought new the same year I was born, it came with 2 barrels a 26" improved cylinder & a 32" full choke. He used the 32" for deer hunting & the 26" for quail & dove but especially quail. I can't remember much of the 50's but quail were sho nuff plentiful in the 60's on these south ga farms. If I remember right I think my Dad said he paid $210 for the 12 gauge browning with 2 barrels in 1955. I bout forgot this one, a 38 S&W pistol that was my moms is sentimental too, I guess I was just thinking about long guns.

Chase4556

I've got plenty that I would never sell, but two that I would take to the grave with me.

On my first birthday my grandfather gave me a weatherby vanguard VGX in .22-250. I have killed many deer and other critters with it, and will be handed down to my first grandson.

Second birthday, the same grandfather gave me a Browning Citori. Has both 20 and 12ga barrels. Another that I've kill many of dove with and clay pidgeon. It too will be handed down to a grandson.