Go traditional?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Just continuing a legacy that has gone on for centuries. What do you expect? After all, Florida was the first cow country and had the first cowboys in this hemisphere.

Cmp1

BANNED
It must be pretty tough to steal a cow or calves,,,, guess they needed a good ACD,,,, ours goes crazy over a porcupine,,,,

NOYDB

BANNED
Just continuing a legacy that has gone on for centuries. What do you expect? After all, Florida was the first cow country and had the first cowboys in this hemisphere.

Back when I lived in Orlando the local paper always had stories about how FL had more cattle than TX. Kissimmee was cowboy country.

When I drove a truck one of my regular runs was to CO to pick up a load of beef and haul it to warehouses in FL. Always wondered why. Had many runs from Dodge City and surrounds. Nothing like sleeping in your cab downwind of a feed lot.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Read "Florida Cow Hunter" by Jim Tinsle, about the life and times of Bone Mizell, and "A Land Remembered", by Patrick Smith.

Cmp1

BANNED
Back when I lived in Orlando the local paper always had stories about how FL had more cattle than TX. Kissimmee was cowboy country.

When I drove a truck one of my regular runs was to CO to pick up a load of beef and haul it to warehouses in FL. Always wondered why. Had many runs from Dodge City and surrounds. Nothing like sleeping in your cab downwind of a feed lot.

LOL LOL LOL,,,, I can imagine the smell,,,, but in reality,,,, it's a good smell,,,, really used to love the smell when the farmers would fertilize their fields in the spring in Germany,,,, sometimes up here,,,, but not so much,,,,

abrannon

LOL LOL LOL,,,, I can imagine the smell,,,, but in reality,,,, it's a good smell,,,, really used to love the smell when the farmers would fertilize their fields in the spring in Germany,,,, sometimes up here,,,, but not so much,,,,

Something has to be wrong with your nose... Spring time in Germany was rough. The chicken and Sheep manure was terrible but when they top dressed with that Pig crap in the slurry wagons it was enough to make you gag.

Cmp1

BANNED
Something has to be wrong with your nose... Spring time in Germany was rough. The chicken and Sheep manure was terrible but when they top dressed with that Pig crap in the slurry wagons it was enough to make you gag.

LOL LOL LOL,,,, I loved it,,,, you knew it was spring then,,,, I was in Spangdahlem,,,, where were you at? PM me if you want to,,,, they used to slaughter and hang the pigs from the rafters in their garages,,,, drain into a bucket to make bloodwurst,,,,

abrannon

I was all over. Karlsruhe, Heilbronn, Baumholder, Kaiserslautern, Sembach, Ettlingen and Stuttgart.

I spent 7.5 years there. At first I averaged 13 months per duty station. I was being shipped from one Unit Deactivation to another.

In Kaiserslautern there was a great Canteen that served the best jaeger schnitzel mit brat Kartoffel, But I would turn right around when I walk up and see them hanging the hogs. The Schnitzel was going to be REAL Fresh that day.

Cmp1

BANNED
I was all over. Karlsruhe, Heilbronn, Baumholder, Kaiserslautern, Sembach, Ettlingen and Stuttgart.

I spent 7.5 years there. At first I averaged 13 months per duty station. I was being shipped from one Unit Deactivation to another.

In Kaiserslautern there was a great Canteen that served the best jaeger schnitzel mit brat Kartoffel, But I would turn right around when I walk up and see them hanging the hogs. The Schnitzel was going to be REAL Fresh that day.

Best in the world,,,, we would hit the wine fests on the Moselle,,,, man I loved that place,,,,lived in Trier,,,, used to go to a Gasthaus down the street,,,, made his own sausage in the back,,,, had the best meat market right there,,,, sausage, schenkin, cheese,,,,

Last edited:

abrannon

I really liked the Wine fest in Bad Durkheim. It is the worlds largest Wine fest. Sort of like October Fest but for Wine.

My favorite was Neu wine or Neuer Susser. Sweet wine that had just began to ferment.

Cmp1

BANNED
I really liked the Wine fest in Bad Durkheim. It is the worlds largest Wine fest. Sort of like October Fest but for Wine.

My favorite was Neu wine or Neuer Susser. Sweet wine that had just began to ferment.

Yeah,,,, spatlese and auslese for me,,,, the wine fest in Trier was pretty good,,,, wine schnapps was pretty good also,,,,

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Only on GON could we get from cow stealing in Florida, to wine drinking in Germany, in less than 10 post.