Driving to Hunt or Camp for the Weekend

swamp hunter

I just take my Bride with me in Season.
That way I got Control and no 911 b...s..calls. Bucket of KFC and some Taters , She's good.
Little Corn Liquor she's smiling.
Quit haulin Fire wood bout 2 years ago, but she put's clean sheets on the bed and fluffs the pillows.....
We stay for a long time, bout half live there.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I live where I hunt, both at home and at the cabin.

uturn

Well you guys huntin in your back yards, man what a deal!! I'd say cherish it while it last..hopefully you'll be an old old man by then!!

Its 2:45 from the house for us...at one time it was 6 plus!! The wife can do it in 2:30..but I just don't drive that fast!

We roll out every chance we get as early as we can leave at weeks end sometimes Thursday sometimes it's after dark on Friday year round cept when we are at the Beach Camp a story for another time..and we stay Sunday evening almost always..its always prime on Sunday afternoons...then up and out by 4:00 AMish as to be the 1st folks at one of our job sites by 7:00 AM on Monday morning!

The wife doesn't hunt but, it our camp and the fire pit is always stoked for the evening cocktail and if I didn't prep the grill earlier in the day it's ready too if not fired up when I roll back in!!

The fondest memories for us and our kids both in their 30's now are times spent at Camp..as good as it gets for us!!!

I could fill the pages!

There's no place like home..cept the Huntin Camp!!

Priceless!

Lilly001

I took my 7 yoa grandson to my camp for the first time this last weekend. I can not remember having such a great time since the first time I took my son over 30 years ago.
That is what it is all about. Memories.

Buckstop

Have a 5 1/2 hr drive and try to make it at least a 4 day trip. Much shorter and there is no time to decompress. Have on a rare occaision gone for just a Saturday and Sunday when the rut is going on and weather is right. Usually try to do a week at least once in prime time.

benbishop6602

driving to a new camp

My new club is gonna be well over 2 hours. No doubt one of the nicest camps ive ever seen. Looking forward to a lot of good times hunting, camping, and sometimes just relaxing down there.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I had a lease that was about 25 minutes from my house, I decided it was too far. We found a club that is seven minutes from my house. 1100 acres 11 members. We have a bunk area with tarp walls and sign out board, but no one sleeps in it. We are all local. No one drives more than 30 minutes. We used to have some Atlanta guys they camped (and left a Pop Up camper at the lease - destroyed by weather), littered, and killed as many does as they could. They left and I got the opening.

My club, Great group of guys...I am one of the youngest at 54 years old. I count my blessings.

After the Army I like to sleep at home in a Sleep Number Bed and drive to hunt...no more overnight for me. I like that.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Never camp. Got 6 properties I hunt and my furthest drive is 35 minutes away and the closest is about 3 minutes.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
When growing up my dad and I drove 4 hrs almost every weekend and camped in an old camper along with about 20 other families, we also had an old house that some members stayed in and it's where we all gathered, definitely some of my best memories , now I have several places close to home and also in a lease 3.5 hrs away that I don't get to hunt enough, but I try to take a few long weekends and always the full week of thanksgiving , don't have a camp, most members are local , but we have a house within 4 wheeler distance , but I sure miss the camping and hanging out and getting to know all the members ! I'm 44 now and still lucky enough to hunt with my best friend (dad)and my daughter !

Chestnut

old times and old days for us

washingtons co ( riddleville to Lawrenceville 1 ;40 one way
FLYING HUNT ALL DAY TO DARK AND HEAD OUT TO
Putnum co off 441 and parks road , spend the nite and hunt early on the way home by 11 am , get home un load dirt clothes and wash and get ready for the next weekend
we were young 20;s and ready to go and have fun

could hunt off 77 in thr 80;s below the fire tower
greene co just off i-20 was close

then 2 years in behind the truck off 441 and the dirt road over to paved , with MR. L B ,,,,,,, was sweet and big bucks
many miles but all fun and great friends and memories
thanks GOD they were great
chestnut