GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Sports Talk


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:25 PM
Matthew6's Avatar
Matthew6 Matthew6 is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Suisun City, California
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
Yep, now if you could just find a way to beat auburn and alabama like clemson does, then you'd really be getting somewhere huh?
bama is 13-4 against clemson all time with split nattys. you love to leave out facts
__________________
Dogs Win it all in 2017, and Eason will win the Heisman too. - Elfiiiiiiii and Browning Slayer, 10/18/16. OOOPS
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:16 PM
weathermantrey's Avatar
weathermantrey weathermantrey is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: central,sc
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew6 View Post
bama is 13-4 against clemson all time with split nattys. you love to leave out facts
Yep, and Abraham Lincoln was once president... what's your point?

I'm talking about now.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Miguel Cervantes's Avatar
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
GON Severe Weatherman
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Between Bethlehem, Loganville & Monroe
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
Yep, and Abraham Lincoln was once president... what's your point?

I'm talking about now.
You mean you're talking about the Clemson that lost to a 6 loss Syracuse that got beat by FSU?

Yeah, consistency isn't their trademark this year. For some reason the CFP loves to give their lame schedule a pass though.
__________________
Elizabeth Warren is a Native American about like I am the Dalai Lama.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 PM
weathermantrey's Avatar
weathermantrey weathermantrey is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: central,sc
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
You mean you're talking about the Clemson that lost to a 6 loss Syracuse that got beat by FSU?

Yeah, consistency isn't their trademark this year. For some reason the CFP loves to give their lame schedule a pass though.
Probably because there "lame" schedule is rated as the 2nd hardest schedule to date in the nation.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Browning Slayer's Avatar
Browning Slayer Browning Slayer is offline
Official Political Forum Meme Poster
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the heads of Vol fans..
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
You mean you're talking about the Clemson that lost to a 6 loss Syracuse that got beat by FSU?
I remember that loss to Syracuse. So does Fairweathermantrey.. He wouldn't even come in and flap his jaws he was so embarrassed! He didn't come back in here until Clemson won another game...

__________________
PROUD Association of Dime Store Cowboys Member
Anti Eugene Debs task force..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Browning Slayer's Avatar
Browning Slayer Browning Slayer is offline
Official Political Forum Meme Poster
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the heads of Vol fans..
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
Probably because there "lame" schedule is rated as the 2nd hardest schedule to date in the nation.
Lame schedule?? Yeah, they didn't have that POWERHOUSE of SYRACUSE to play...

You should just stop talking..
__________________
PROUD Association of Dime Store Cowboys Member
Anti Eugene Debs task force..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM
DannyW DannyW is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lawrenceville
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
I'm not so sure Georgia gets past Georgia Tech.
This.

Everyone keeps talking about the SEC championship. Georgia better make sure they win the state championship first. If Tech wins, then winning the SEC championship will likely be just that, and not a ticket punch to the CFP. Rather than get wrapped up in the Georgia record against Tech over the last 20 years, it would be wiser to remember that Tech has won 2 of the last 3 games. And this is Tech's "championship" game so they will be leaving it all on the field.

Tech plays an offensive scheme that teams see once a year, and have only one week to prepare for. When Tech lines up on offense, everyone in the stadium, including the ballboy and Larry Culpepper, knows they are going to run the ball. Then they run the ball for 12 yards.

Don't forget that Tech is just 6 points away from being 9-1, and Miami needed a deflected pass completion on 4th down to be in position to kick a last second field goal to beat them. Their worst loss was by only 14 points to Clemson, in Death Valley. (Another way of looking at it...Tech lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the country by a total of 15 points...certainly competitive games.)

Tech is not an awful team. They are a dangerous team, especially for a Georgia squad focused on the SEC championship and the CFP. I am not predicting Tech will win, Georgia has a much better roster and stronger team, but they better be careful. They don't call them trap games for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 AM
weathermantrey's Avatar
weathermantrey weathermantrey is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: central,sc
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browning Slayer View Post
Lame schedule?? Yeah, they didn't have that POWERHOUSE of SYRACUSE to play...

You should just stop talking..
Yea, I don't have much to brag about huh? Oh wait, that's right....
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Miguel Cervantes's Avatar
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
GON Severe Weatherman
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Between Bethlehem, Loganville & Monroe
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
probably because there "lame" schedule is speculated by the cfp as the 2nd hardest schedule to date in the nation.
fify
__________________
Elizabeth Warren is a Native American about like I am the Dalai Lama.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-17-2017, 12:12 PM
mguthrie's Avatar
mguthrie mguthrie is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Outside
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermantrey View Post
Probably because there "lame" schedule is rated as the 2nd hardest schedule to date in the nation.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other They've dropped to #4. Still not bad but they will drop more after they play a cupcake game against a 5-5 citadel
__________________
Thinking is for those that don't know
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Miguel Cervantes's Avatar
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
GON Severe Weatherman
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Between Bethlehem, Loganville & Monroe
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguthrie View Post
https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other They've dropped to #4. Still not bad but they will drop more after they play a cupcake game against a 5-5 citadel
If they play a single one of their starters against the Bulldogs they are cowards.
__________________
Elizabeth Warren is a Native American about like I am the Dalai Lama.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:47 PM
scooty006's Avatar
scooty006 scooty006 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjl1388 View Post
• Team A
Undefeated
4-0 vs. winning teams
1-0 vs. Top 25
1-0 vs. Top 10 (by 33 pts)
.530 opp win %
32nd SOS
• Team B
Undefeated
5-0 vs. winning teams
2-0 vs. Top 25 (by 10.5 pts)
0-0 vs. Top 10
.530 opp win %
49th SOS

Who's the better team?

__________________
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ― Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger