HOA - don't get mad get even

Big Foot

Start having some good old redneck Sunday cookouts in the front yard instead of the backyard. Coolers, folding chairs, grill, canopy and a couple umbrellas. Get the smoker going early in the morning and make sure you got plenty of cold ones. No shirt, no shoes, no problem! I hate HOA's. Make sure shirtless cousin billy raises his beer to say hey to everyone that drives by.

This is a winner

Jack Ryan

You guys know my HOA and I don't slow dance together. Any tips on how to be a pain to em/ have some fun messing with em, etc?

Really don't care so much about the consequences...

Whatcha got?

Read the rules, study the rules, the make them enforce every single on in every single instance or every single violator.

Like I told my "favorite" foreman one time, "Yes SIREE! What ever YOU SAY and the dumber it is the faster I'll do it."

B

BornNRaised

Read the rules, study the rules, the make them enforce every single on in every single instance or every single violator.

Like I told my "favorite" foreman one time, "Yes SIREE! What ever YOU SAY and the dumber it is the faster I'll do it."

I wish we had thumbs up:cool:

95g atl

I hate HOA's......never again! We lived in a sub/d that would constantly pick on us because we were the youngest folks in the neighborhood, no kids, and two sports cars. All the picking FINALLY stopped after the HOA president wanted to do a Face to Face meeting with me. I was polite, respectable, and cooperative. He just kept drilling and drilling me. Finally, I could not take any more of the nonsense, so I suggested that we go outside and handle matters in a different manner and described exactly what was going to happen (to him). Hmmm, all of a sudden he changed his tune and apologized.

Here's some suggestions.

1. Get your lawnmower, remove the muffler. Mix 15:1 gas/oil and run it wide open while mowing the lawn. Make sure to let the mower warm up for a good 30 minutes in the driveway before you mow....and let it run a good 45 minutes to cool down while you are inside taking a shower.

2. Someone beat me to the old junker vehicle in the driveway, that is awesome. So long as it is tagged and insured.....good luck with the HOA winning that battle.

3. Get some huge subwoofer and run music that just has a low boom, boom, boom. It's hard to tell where the noise comes from and it travels pretty far. It irritates the crap out of people.

4. Christmas time, get a bunch of rebel flags and fly them in the yard, create a battle scene NORTH vs SOUTH with Santa and some reindeer, make the south win.

Heck, you can probably do something like that for Halloween too!!!
The north can be rotten corpses and the south can stand high and dry.....with the flag in the air, of course.

(BTW, if you would actually fly the flags, I would possibly donate a few to you, so long as you send us many pics).

5. rock salt, diesel fuel, used motor oil...........all same results.

6. Craigslist ad's with HOA board members addresses and phone numbers of them giving away lots of cool stuff........

7. Radio pranks, sometimes the local morning radio stations love to play pranks........

8. Swingers Ad in (well, wherever swingers advertise)....for the HOA president and his beloved.

9. Send crack heads to HOA members house for favors and what not.

(Of course, these are in good fun....I would "never" suggest someone does this. ;) )

HD28

Remember, you agreed to covenants/rules when you purchased in a neighborhood that has them!

If you read and understand them and agreed to at that time, then if you abide/obey them, then there should be no problem.

If you choose to go against what you signed up for, then you have to face the consequences.

Just like the law....if you don't break it, then no problems.

HD28

I tried neighborhood living and had to get out. Can't stand being hind ends and elbows with folks!

I don't like people bothering me and I don't want to bother others!

Big Foot

allot of great responses thank you

@ the end of the day, they expect me to react --------- think I will not give them this satisfaction and in reality they could care less about what one Big Foot does for the most part.....

I abide by the rules anyway so they have lil impact on me as stupid as most of em are...

I will continue to argue and make my point when they are out of line of course, as far as moving - we like it here our life is here our family is here...and in this crazy world the issues are all around...

thanks again

sinclair1

:rofl: all those suggestions are how most people act anyway, which is why I love it in here. :flag:

Being the jackleg is the same no matter which one you are. You can be the one who try's to get everyone in a non restricted area to do what you want, or the one who signed papers to follow the rules and break your word.

I typically like to stay away from people not sharp enough to know how to pick a place to live.

I am almost Direct opposites of NCHillbilly, but I respect his opinion, you see, he is not a jackleg, he wouldn't try and move in next to my obsessive mowing, OCD craziness and wouldn't even attempt it, if you gave him the place.

I actually pull duel roles and have a nonrestrictive place too, but I am not a jackleg, so what ever my neighbor does there, and some times I do just have to laugh, but it's non restricted, so my job is to keep my mouth shut.

Why picking a place to live is so hard for folks, I have no clue, and that goes for folks who want to impose HOA's on people after they move in.:flag:

Big Foot

:rofl: all those suggestions are how most people act anyway, which is why I love it in here. :flag:

Being the jackleg is the same no matter which one you are. You can be the one who try's to get everyone in a non restricted area to do what you want, or the one who signed papers to follow the rules and break your word.

I typically like to stay away from people not sharp enough to know how to pick a place to live.

I am almost Direct opposites of NCHillbilly, but I respect his opinion, you see, he is not a jackleg, he wouldn't try and move in next to my obsessive mowing, OCD craziness and wouldn't even attempt it, if you gave him the place.

I actually pull duel roles and have a nonrestrictive place too, but I am not a jackleg, so what ever my neighbor does there, and some times I do just have to laugh, but it's non restricted, so my job is to keep my mouth shut.

Why picking a place to live is so hard for folks, I have no clue, and that goes for folks who want to impose HOA's on people after they move in.:flag:

have the dual roll going also, with lake cabin...

@ the end of the day the Officers of the Board are the ones who sat in the front of the class while I goofed off in the back - I should keep my mouth shut

Im not a get involved type so I have to live with this...I picked this place 17 years ago for the same reasons I do not move...

we good, I do what I WANT - for the most part -dragging dead deer all around and no one has a clue...:banana: just 1 example

Jack Ryan

Remember, you agreed to covenants/rules when you purchased in a neighborhood that has them!

If you read and understand them and agreed to at that time, then if you abide/obey them, then there should be no problem.

If you choose to go against what you signed up for, then you have to face the consequences.

Yep, and most times it is the rules that make the neighborhood one people WANT TO MOVE IN TO.

But I imagine HMOs and boats may have a little in common with some people, their two happiest days are when they say hello to them and then when they say good bye.

SC Hunter

I live in a nice little neighborhood, middle class fairly decent houses. 55-60 year old lady and her poor soul of a husband moved in diagonal moved up from South Florida. The FIRST day she moved in she walked over and introduced herself and immediately told me that the kids need to stay out of the street. The kids all play up and down the road but not in the road. I knew right then we would have problems and its been a blast ever since then. I feel sorry for her husband I really do I would have choked her out by now if I had to live with her.

1. She complained when I cut a tree up and put it out by the road, apparently that "makes her house value drop" I cut about a tree or find a big limb about once a month now.

2. She said where she came from people didn't walk around half naked working in the yard. If it's hot outside I don't usually have a shirt on working in the yard. She called the police saying it was inappropriate. The Police Chief is one of my best friends and just stopped by to hang out for a little while.

3. She complained on my neighbor because he goes to the gym every morning at 5 and said his head lights bother her when he pulls out and his truck cranking up wakes her up across the street. My neighbor has a stock exhaust on a f150...

My brother bought a mini bike and put a different exhaust and its ungodly loud that I love to ride around my yard and the kids like to ride it. She hates it. She'll learn eventually I guess.

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
SC Hunter,

I would tell that crazy lady that there is an "OPENING" back in Florida and she needs to go fill it. YEP, it is a called a GRAVE !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Read your covenants and take not of all they "shall do" items in regards to maintenance of home and grounds. Make sure you house is fully compliant with those provisions. Walk around the neighborhood monthly photographing violations and sending them to HOA management company. You can target specific people if you so desire. Eventually, you'll have enough evidence that they HOA is biased or not enforcing their own covenants. This will set precedence for future dealings with them in the future. Several covenants overlap with country ordinances, so you can call the county for those.

Very few people comply with all the HOA rules, so you'll basically bury the HOA management company and leadership in paperwork. If they choose to ignore you documented claims, they set precedent and the HOA rules don't mean jack any more.
Had a HOA pres. decide to make an example out of me. After I exposed all her and the boards blantant hipocrisy she backed off really quick.Everyone leaves me alone now.

chainshaw

This! Grow up and face the responsibilities that you signed up for.

joepuppy

Just remember you signed up for this. I'll stay out in the country where I belong. Last thing I want to do is lower someone's property value or be told what I can and cannot do on my property. Seems the older I get, the less I care for humans in general.