Jon Boat Project

wareagle228

I have seen a few post about jon boat set ups. I started mine last week and thought I would take some pic. to share. Here is what I started with.

Attachments

• boat project 001.jpg
    boat project 001.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 5,374
  • boat project 002.jpg
    boat project 002.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 5,382
  • boat project 003.jpg
    boat project 003.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 5,371

wareagle228

part 2

This is going to be the front deck. I am going to have storage in the bow and behind the front bench.

Attachments

• boat project 004.jpg
    boat project 004.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 10,771
  • boat project 005.jpg
    boat project 005.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 5,269
  • boat project 006.jpg
    boat project 006.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 5,335

tonyf

What kind of boat is this and what size? ex. Alumacraft 1436. Just curious for reference since I am about to buy a new jon boat and put platforms in it.

wareagle228

part 3 (live well)

Here is the live well I made. It has a pump in the back of the boat to pump water in. I used a thur-the-haul fitting at the bottom for the drain. When I use the live well I plug the fitting with pvc pipe with a 90 elbow and a t joint on top for the overflow. It drains out the back of the boat.

Attachments

• boat project 013.jpg
    boat project 013.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 5,267
  • boat project 012.jpg
    boat project 012.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 5,234
  • boat project 014.jpg
    boat project 014.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 5,218
  • boat project 009.jpg
    boat project 009.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 5,253
  • boat project 008.jpg
    boat project 008.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 5,276

wareagle228

part 4 (rear deck)

This is going to be the rear deck. The middle seat is going to have storage in it and behind it in front of the live well. I am going to put 2 seat bases on the middle seat for my kids that can be removed. My Batts. and onboard charger will be in the back behind the 3rd seat. I will post more pic. as I get more done.

Attachments

• boat project 011.jpg
    boat project 011.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 5,552
  • boat project 012.jpg
    boat project 012.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 5,175

madrabbit

Man looks like you're goona have a sweet set-up!!! Can't wait for more pics!!!!! Sure is giving me good ideas on my ole boat!

whchunter

Float?

Careful on your weight to floatation ratio. It's easy to add too much weight which will make the boat sit too far in the water, become unstable or unsafe. Be thinking about weight balance also. I've done several mods and trial and error is expensive and if problems aren't corrected can cause loss of possession and possibly lives. Good luck, seems you have the skills. :cheers:

looking good dont forget to put lots of nails thru the bottom so it dont slide of the trailer : )

wareagle228

Boat is done.

Here are some pic. if my finished boat. The seats in the middle can be removed for when the kids are not with me. I am going out today with the kids to try her out. I will post some pictures of the boat in the water.
Thanks for looking,
Robert

Attachments

• boat project 019.jpg
    boat project 019.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 4,990
  • boat project 018.jpg
    boat project 018.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 4,987
  • boat project 017.jpg
    boat project 017.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 5,036
  • boat project 016.jpg
    boat project 016.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 5,011
  • boat project 015.jpg
    boat project 015.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 5,054

tonyf

It looks like you did an excellent job!!! I am about to start on mine and I hope it turns out this good. Thanks for all the step by step pictures.

man that looks good you should start selling them

wareagle228

Well I just got back from the lake for a test run. The boat did great. it set perfect in the water and I could not belive how stable it was. I am glad we did not catch an fish because I forgot the camara so iI did not get any pic. of it in the water.

madrabbit

Man, that def. is the set up!! Did a great job! Would still like to see pics of the boat in the water, and when you do a Ikonelli (dont't know how to spell it) dance on the front deck!! :banana:

Sweet boat!

wareagle228

Thanks for the comments. I will get some pic of it in the water and post. I hope to take it out again next weekend.

wareagle228

More pic.

Here is the batt. and on board charger. I have redone the wires since this pic. so excuse the mess.

Attachments

• boat project.jpg
    boat project.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 4,883
I would buy a boat called the wareagle sounds better then ranger or nitro. HAHA

madrabbit

Don't forget your battery tie downs! ::ke: :bounce:

I wonder how stable a V-Hull would be?? LOL It's already scary as it is!!!!!!!!