NEF RIFLES...Lets hear about em!

W

wickedjester

Ive never owned one until recently-traded for a 45.70

I dont plan on shooting it,but would like to find one in .223 for plinking,varmints and to give to my nephew.

What yall say about em?

burkecountydeer

IMO they are what they are a $200 single shot rifle . Nothing wrong with them id like to have one in the 308 to .

GA1dad

I've had two. One in 243, cases stuck after each shot. Never could find a reason for it. The 2nd was a 308. Recoil on this one wasn't "too bad", but was abrupt. Both were fairly accurate. I wouldn't have any quarms with getting another one. However, I'd have to shoot it first. I'd have to know that it ejects fine. I don't expect you'd have that problem with the 45/70. Isn't that a rimmed cartridge?

Jay

PWalls

My daughter has been practicing with her 243 that I bought her last year. I handloaded some "lighter" loads for it and put a good Sims pad on the back. She loves it and the groups are good. Probably going to take her first of November to see if she can put a piece of hot lead into one.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
My son has one in 44 caliber. He`s taken several deer with, and it`s a good little rifle. He`s never had any trouble out of it.

Glassman

My son has one in .243 and loves it, so do I.

I love it so much I'm gonna buy me one!

boneboy96

I would like to find one in .223 as well! :bounce:

SmokyMtnSmoke

I have one in 25-06 as bought from another Woodite and I also have a fluted bull barrel in .223. Both are good shooting barrels.

viper25963

I've got one in the 45/70 syn, you take a lick when pulling the trigger but I love it. 50 yds im putting 3 into each other! I've had 5 of them! Would/will get another! Cant beat em for a $200 gun!

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
ethan shoots the youth 243 and i have a stainless 270 and a stainless 243 barrel with it. i really like it alot. i put a slip on sims pad and the 270 feels fine. my 270 has a lifter instead of ejector and that is fine with me.

rubicon_in_ga

Can't speak for the rifles per se, but the single shot NEF Pardner shotguns are built like a brick poop-house. Dang near indestructable. Definitely speaks highly for their quality and design. I'd definitely buy another, probably a rifle too.

holton27596

i have one with 30-06, 45-70, 223, and 22hornet barrells. tack driver with all 4 barrells. Never had any problems with it. the 45-70 recoil can be stout if you are using garrett or buffalo bore loads and are not used to recoil, however, they are devastating on hogs.

I have one in 308, and one of my best friends in NY has one in 30-06. We won them in consecutive years at a NWTF banquet. From 2000 to 2003, we would take them and shotguns in the Canoe and float the river for ducks and deer. If we spotted ducks,...we would jump shoot them, and we would hunt the islands for deer. The NEF is a great gun for someone that does not want to spend a fortune. Also, they tend to shoot ALL the time so long as you remember to pull the hammer back. I never had any issue with the 308 except the scope broke one day when i dropped it getting out of the boat.

W

wickedjester

Im not going to shoot the 45.70,Im going to trade it.Would like to find a .223 to trade it for!

DaGris

Banned
I've had several,....great rifles,..never had any problem with any of them

Terry May

I've got a 45-70 with a manlicher stock. It is my favorite rifle to hunt with. The recoil isn't that bad, more like a big shove instead of a kick.

knifemaker

I've got a 44 mag with fiber optic sights and black composite stock. It's as new and shoots and functions great. Would like to trade it for a good Colt pistol as I've got too many rifles. Sure is easy to carry, being short and light.

Blue Iron

Banned
Ive never owned one until recently-traded for a 45.70

I dont plan on shooting it,but would like to find one in .223 for plinking,varmints and to give to my nephew.

What yall say about em?

Really great shooters for an in-expensice price that have problems with the Ejector on the older models. Newer models come equipped with an Extractor instead of the Ejector.

wildcatt

NEF

:mad:::gone::shoot:you know their H & R guns made in Gardner Mass in the old H & R plant.you can get them with rifle and shot gun barrel combo.I had one 20 ga and 30/30 great gun some one must have thought so as they stole it.it would throw the 30/30 over my shoulder like a rocket[empty case].
you can I believe have NEF put any rifle barrel on your existing 45/70.:huh::shoot:::gone: