1/6

basshappy

BANNED
Good luck and safety to all hunters today.

Up on Lookout Mountain getting ready to creep into an area and scamper up a tree to wait for the woods to come alive. With 2 of my best mates on our annual guys weekend hunt. Will see what the Lord provides soon enough.

Curtis

Sitting in oak flat here in Sumter Co. Got in just after shooting light and just as rain stopped. Now just listing to the rain falling off the trees. An end of season “Hail Mary” for that big boy I’ve had in camera all season but not a single daylight sighting. First time out in 3 weeks or so. Maybe the lack of pressure and the evening rain will have him moving this am. Maybe. Good luck all.

Curtis

Heard one shot around 8:15am. That’s it. No deer seen. Maybe one of those “mid - day bucks” I always hear about will happen

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
IMG_7625.jpegBroken rack. I had a very difficult shot he was in some real thick stuff and didn’t want to come out. I watched him about 15 minutes without a shot. Finally i got yhe shot. He went down to his knees and layed downwith his head still up. As soon as i shot i saw three other deer run. About five minutes later one of the does returned and walked right up to him. I could see his head this whole time, his head was up and his tail flickered a few times. When he saw the doe he got up and moved toward her. At first i didnt have a shot, but he was staggering toward her. I shot again and he ran with her 25 yards. Then he piled up right next to a road. No dragging for him, but honestly i think he was dead after yhe first shot but he wanted one more doe before he passed, he somehow got a final burst of Toxic Masculinity to get up for that final burst. 308 said no.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I’m headed up late Tuesday for a short trip to pick up some stuff I need for an alabama hunt the following week , gona sit wednesdy maybe Thursday morning then head out, has the action picked up at all ?
I believe we are on the front end of our second rut. Saw a spike try to mount a mature doe a fee days ago. The deer i killed today did not stink and he was not chasing but he was with does. He was browsing as he moved toward me. I think this week might be good.