1 in 3 'Christians' says 'Jesus sinned'

He knew no sin and committed no sin. He was the PERFECT sacrifice.

Any "Christian" that believes otherwise is either A:) a Christian with little or no footing in the Word and Truth or B:) a person who is not a true Christian.

Pretty well nailed it!

mtnwoman

God said I will provide myself a lamb...in the story of Abraham and Isaaic.

In the OT a spotless (perfect) lamb had to be sacrificed for
forgiveness. In the NT a spotless lamb of God (that He promised to provide) was sacrificed for the sin of the world....for all who accept that gift.

mtnwoman

He knew no sin and committed no sin. He was the PERFECT sacrifice.

Any "Christian" that believes otherwise is either A:) a Christian with little or no footing in the Word and Truth or B:) a person who is not a true Christian.

Well, help them get there....once saved I believe WE need to disciple them, spoon feed them, and like an eagle they will take flight :)

I mean from the very first time I understood the word of God, was about 9 yrs old....but it was like, ok we got her(me) baptized she's good to go. Uh say what? I'm 9, somebody anybody give me clue....no one did that for me. So I became undiscipled and still lost but delivered.

Last edited:

jawja_peach

sin is what killed him....but he did not commit sin.

He died for our sins..But they weren't what killed Him. No took his life, but He said He laid down his life and he would take it up again. No broken bones, nothing. God looked away when Jesus died, as He couldn't look upon sin. But Jesus did NOT sin. There is a difference. Kinda like a forman at work. A worker under him may mess something up, and when the boss finds out, he comes down on the forman. Then the forman jumps the worker. The forman didn't mess up, didn't do the act, but was responsible for the workman.

It's Sunday my friends, hope all y'all have a truly blessed day...Hubby's preaching this morning at a sister church. I ask for y'all to remember him in prayer.

God Bless...:bounce:

Last edited:

jason4445

The argument that Jesus did sin rests in five episodes in the gospels that we have today in the Bible. The Gnostic Gospels there are other "sins" told about.

The first four sins are when Jesus is in the Desert and Satan comes and asks Jesus to do four things. All of these things are to go with Satan to various places. When they got to these places Satan asks Jesus to do other things and Jesus refuses. Some believe that doing anything Satan asks is a sin and even going with Satan to somewhere is a sin.

The fifth sin is when Jesus tore up the money changers in the temple. Jesus did lose his temper and destroys property and that is some sort of a sin, both the temper thing and property thing, but others rationalize it out as doing God's work and that is not a sin.

I don't think just going with Satan is any kind of sin, and when Satan asked Jesus to actually do something Jesus refused. The money changer thing was probably a sin though.

But the whole question goes back to when Jesus became a God and if so is a God perfect - can a God make a mistake? There are three periods in which people believe Jesus became a God. At conception by the Holy Spirit - at birth when he breathed - and after death when he was resurrected. Of course conservatives think conception - moderates birth - and liberals Resurrection. Can God be not perfect - can he make a mistake?

There are a lot of things that can be jawed about, but the one that stands out is the flood thing where after wards God says he will never again kill every living creature. To many this shows that God realized he made a mistake by killing every living creature and was remorseful.

Can God make a mistake - I think yeah, God can make an error and learn form it as we do the flood story shows that. Also if the Bible is God's word then there is sure a lot of errors in that as we have it today. If it is God's word then he sure needs to take another look at it and do some editing.

The argument that Jesus did sin rests in five episodes in the gospels that we have today in the Bible. The Gnostic Gospels there are other "sins" told about.

The first four sins are when Jesus is in the Desert and Satan comes and asks Jesus to do four things. All of these things are to go with Satan to various places. When they got to these places Satan asks Jesus to do other things and Jesus refuses. Some believe that doing anything Satan asks is a sin and even going with Satan to somewhere is a sin.

The fifth sin is when Jesus tore up the money changers in the temple. Jesus did lose his temper and destroys property and that is some sort of a sin, both the temper thing and property thing, but others rationalize it out as doing God's work and that is not a sin.

I don't think just going with Satan is any kind of sin, and when Satan asked Jesus to actually do something Jesus refused. The money changer thing was probably a sin though.

But the whole question goes back to when Jesus became a God and if so is a God perfect - can a God make a mistake? There are three periods in which people believe Jesus became a God. At conception by the Holy Spirit - at birth when he breathed - and after death when he was resurrected. Of course conservatives think conception - moderates birth - and liberals Resurrection. Can God be not perfect - can he make a mistake?

There are a lot of things that can be jawed about, but the one that stands out is the flood thing where after wards God says he will never again kill every living creature. To many this shows that God realized he made a mistake by killing every living creature and was remorseful.

Can God make a mistake - I think yeah, God can make an error and learn form it as we do the flood story shows that. Also if the Bible is God's word then there is sure a lot of errors in that as we have it today. If it is God's word then he sure needs to take another look at it and do some editing.

Righteous anger is not a sin. However man cannot have done this. We are not righteous. Christ was running them out of HIS house. If you had gotten angry yes it is a sin. Christ was angry in the same way God was angry when he wiped out a generation of the Jews in the desert for worshipping idols.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Any person who goes to God's word trying to find a place where He or His Son sinned is not a studier of God's word, but a user of God's word.

John 8:31-36 31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." ....................34....... "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35"The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. 36"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

gtparts

Jesus never, (I repeat) never did anything of his own will without confirming it with the Father and in so doing did the will of God in all things. Since God defines sin and His definition alone has any validity, you are wasting your breath making such an assertion.

And should God make an error, which He cannot, He would not be God.

So, what planet did you just beam in from?:confused:

Last edited:
T

ToLog

a good story on the History Channel yesterday about the Ethiopian branch of Christianity and the Ark of the Covenant.

but, in the details, it mentioned that the Ethiopian Church was very careful of the other branches, because they (the Ethiopians) believed that Jesus was divine completely thoughout his life on Earth. Not part human as is sometimes discussed.

because of their beliefs they had escape routes in their communities, becuase the "heretics" were willing to kill them because of their beliefs.

pretty interesting, in that it relates to whether God can possess "human" qualities or not.

jason4445

Righteous anger is not a sin? Okay let's see - Ah - Jim Jones, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph were all Christians and used righteous anger in their endeavors, then there is the Clan and no one thought themselves more righteous than they did while they terrorized, beat and hung people. The Aryan Nations - skinheads -Neo-Nazi groups - all those IRA terrorists groups in Northern Ireland - all born again in the blood and considered their actions not only righteous but demanded by God. No sin there Huh?

How about those that tortured, hung and burned at the stake those that would not accept Christianity, how about those that bomb and shoot the people that run abortion clinics, adult clubs and places that serve alcohol. All were done in righteous anger - if you don't believe that then just ask them - I guess they are sinless.

Studier - User - I think some read the Bible with one eye shut, while others are fortunate to open both eyes.

Israel

BANNED

The money changers have either seen, or will see how merciful the Lord was in making a scourge of cords and driving them from the temple.
Little do they or (and it seems) many of us know how well tempered the Lord was in that instant.
Mercy is better understood as the withholding of righteous wrath, even when the skin is bitten by a scourge, than to experience the just deserts of our conduct.
Many will stand at a coming day and bemoan that they were not driven painfully from the Lord's house for their merchandising, that they might have taken a lesson and repented.
But Jesus had left them an example.

gtparts

Righteous anger is not a sin? Okay let's see - Ah - Jim Jones, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph were all Christians and used righteous anger in their endeavors, then there is the Clan and no one thought themselves more righteous than they did while they terrorized, beat and hung people. The Aryan Nations - skinheads -Neo-Nazi groups - all those IRA terrorists groups in Northern Ireland - all born again in the blood and considered their actions not only righteous but demanded by God. No sin there Huh?

How about those that tortured, hung and burned at the stake those that would not accept Christianity, how about those that bomb and shoot the people that run abortion clinics, adult clubs and places that serve alcohol. All were done in righteous anger - if you don't believe that then just ask them - I guess they are sinless.

Studier - User - I think some read the Bible with one eye shut, while others are fortunate to open both eyes.

I would recommend finding out what righteous means before tossing the word around the likes of Jim Jones, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, etc. as per your post.

One would also reasonably question the application of the term Christian to those who clearly do not follow the teachings of Jesus any better than those mentioned.:crazy:

I would recommend finding out what righteous means before tossing the word around the likes of Jim Jones, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, etc. as per your post.

One would also reasonably question the application of the term Christian to those who clearly do not follow the teachings of Jesus any better than those mentioned.:crazy:

Thank you.

Also try reading my post all the way thru. We cannot do that. Christ could because he was throwing them out of HIS HOUSE!