2 man?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Tell me about the pros/cons of the 2 man boats like the sun dolphin sportsman, pelican bass raider, bass hunter etc......
Tire kicking on getting one. Thanks

diamondback

I’ve only had the bass hunter. It fished great. Only problem was the plastic typically only lasts 2-3 years. The sun is bad on the plastic but if you keep it under a shed or garage it will last a lot longer

Big7

The Oracle
Tell me about the pros/cons of the 2 man boats like the sun dolphin sportsman, pelican bass raider, bass hunter etc......
Tire kicking on getting one. Thanks
Fixing to send you a PM.

Big7

The Oracle
I have one of the 2 man. It will float in 8 inches of water. Check your PM's

Andy O

I have owned two Bass Hunters in the past. The last one was a 1988 model I just sold it about two years ago. It had a considerable amount of wear and tear from previous owners but served me well. If you've never fished that close to someone else, it will take some getting used to, but fishing alone in one is awesome. Very stable. If you are considering used, look carefully at the corners of the floor, and the underside of the top edge of the gunnels.

weagle

I have fished out of that style boat several times over the years. For one person I would rather have as sit on top Kayak. For 2 people I would rather have one of the Gheenoe style boats or a jon boat. The bass hunter is really only practical for small pond fishing with bait. With 2 people trying to cast artificials it is very cramped.

BigGreenGoblin

I have the 8 ft. Pelican bass raider. I got it 6 years ago when academy was blowing them out for $300. It only weighs 85 lbs, easy to maneuver and load in and out of my truck. The bottom has two cracks/holes in the bottom from dragging it, I just repatch them when I need to. They are stable, I could stand up in mine but I prefer to sit when I fish. By design they are pretty much unsinkable but you don’t want to get caught in heavy rain in one, they fill up with water quick. I’ve fished 2 people out of it plenty of times, but it’s best used solo. A 30 thrust motor will push it around fine but now I use a 50 thrust and with 2 batteries I can cover quite a bit of water. It may not be the boat for everybody but I’m happy with mine.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have had one around almost continually since I saw the first one in 1977, bought it and tied it on the top of my 280 Z. I have fished rivers, reservoirs, pond and lakes from them, often with a small gas outboard on back and an electric on the front. The old ones were bad to crack and deteriorate in the sun, that has gotten much better. They tend to spin when not under power but do well with smaller trolling motors. The reward the organized angler who doesn't overload the space with tackle. I would not settle for the 8 footer, getting the ten foot is worth it. The only reason I don't have one now is that, I use kayaks and canoes for rivers and much larger boats for reservoirs.
I have enjoyed every one I ever had, preferring the Bass Raider 10 E above all others, caught a bunch of fish out of them, fished solo and tandem, I like em.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
It'd be me and grandchild or me alone. Not sure if grandkids would even 'like' fishing with all they have going on. Thanks for the replies

crackerdave

It'd be me and grandchild or me alone. Not sure if grandkids would even 'like' fishing with all they have going on. Thanks for the replies
I bet if you put them on some good brim action,they'd love it.

Hillbilly stalker

I have a 10 foot Pelican two man. I love it because you can't sink it. Mine weighs I think 90 lbs. which makes it very easy to load by myself. I fish in mine in resivors and in the river. I don't run the river on the weekends because of the traffic and speed demons. It's the boat that pretty much made me park my bass tracker. A couple things that will really help you if you get one. Turn the head around on your trolling motor ( 1 screw) and put it on the front. Second is to make you a keel for the back that folds up. It will keep you from blowing around in circles when not under power. I have an old 28 lb trolling motor that I resurrected on mine. I pulled a guy's pontoon with it back to the bank for him. It doesn't take much motor. There are all kinds if mods you can do with one a little at a time. You gave to learn to downsize your load of gear, room is limited. It's the best money I've spent in a long time. Keep it under a shed or covered so the UV rays don't bake it and make it brittle. I made a little set of wheels for mine so I don't have to drag it and scrape the bottom up. There's no way a kayak is as comfortable as sitting up in the seats of a Pelican.

Last edited:

CDW

I had a small job boat and I sold it to buy the bass raider 10e. Couldn’t be happier with it. I watch a guy on YouTube and he always fishes out of it and speaks very highly of it, I’ll post a video review he did on it. I also have a kayak, but I enjoy the bass raider more. I’d recommend it to anyone