2022 Oglethorpe County

Buford_Dawg

I've been absent for 3 or so weeks, sometimes life throws you a bad deal and you got to work thru it. My 82 year old father and forever hunting buddy passed away suddenly several weeks back. Has been a shock. Finally convinced myself I needed some quiet woods time, so drove down to OC camp friday evening and did 3 sits. Was nice to get in the woods and regroup. Saw 20 deer in 3 sits, 5 different bucks, one almost pulled trigger on, just about 10 inches short from what I care to shoot these days, but real close. Was nice to get in the woods, hope to make another trip back after Xmas if situation allows it. If so, I am up to meeting for a OC get together if one is held. On a side note, as I was out and about Saturday evening going to pick up dinner, I saw what was likely the biggest buck I have ever seen in GA, easily 150-160 inch deer and I had a great look at it as it actually stopped on the double yellow lines in center of road for about 15 seconds while myself and the driver of oncoming traffic got to watch it slowly cross the road and then stand on side of road for another view. Just a tremendous OC buck is all I can say. Some of you locals may know of such deer.

Big_Red

Shout out to G Grand Barbecue in Crawford. We had a small family gathering/birthday Friday evening and the food was excellent. Pretty cool place with an automotive history.

My cousin had rolled in from hours away with his travel trailer and we noticed an absolutely shredded tire. Per our luck, we had odd sized lug wrenches and were unable to change the tire. Turns out the owner of G Grand had an impact wrench with sockets and it was mission success in getting us squared away. Much appreciated in the dark and cold.

Anyhow, good people at G Grand.

We also tried to hit up the Mexican joint Saturday for lunch but they were unfortunately closed for repairs. I’ll give it a shot next time.

MYRX

Here is an early Merry Christmas to all of you. Glad I joined the Oglethorpe forum. I hope to meet some of you this coming year.

Regarding G Grand, I eat there sometimes for lunch of Fridays when the wife is working from home. If I recall the owner's ties are with the Gretch Guitar company, of which I am a proud owner of one.

Well unfortunately, my deer season came to an unexpected end 14 days ago, when I tore my left hamstring. Luckily, no surgery is needed. Just hope I heal soon enough to get back on Lake Russell in mid February. I am usually fishing on Lake Russell 2 days a week March thru June. Just look for a green and silver Triton TR21.

Take care everyone, my god bless you.