2024 Smack Talk

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck in the morning folks ! Should be a beautiful day

Bubba_1122

Taking my 10 y/o grandson again this week.
Last year on opening day took him trying to get his first gobbler. Both of us had shotguns and my plan was iffn we had 2 birds he’d shoot one and I’d follow him.
Had 3 nice gobblers walk out single file at 25 yards around 8 oclock and he got a bad case of buck fever. He’d never seen a wild turkey strutting n showing out like that, much less 3. He never shot (And neither did I). He was pretty upset.
Would love to have a mulligan on that tomorrow.
Course I ain’t got any turkeys so that’s unlikely.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Had a great morning with my dad ! Heard a couple gobbling on the roost . Ended up being hens in every direction . Called in a few jakes about 9:30 , would have killed the one strutting if he wasn’t so dumb and kept walking straight at me , and got close enough to reveal what he was . Seemed to have a full fan but I know jakes can have that sometimes . Great morning just seeing turkeys

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Had a great morning with my dad ! Heard a couple gobbling on the roost . Ended up being hens in every direction . Called in a few jakes about 9:30 , would have killed the one strutting if he wasn’t so dumb and kept walking straight at me , and got close enough to reveal what he was . Seemed to have a full fan but I know jakes can have that sometimes . Great morning just seeing turkeys
I seen turkey poop. Should if took a pic. I know no one will believe me.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
None of the smack talkers killed any?
Only the silent hunters? They are the sneaky ones

sea trout

We cooked lotta food ta eat and drank a lotta drink at camp.
My kids are 15 and 13 now but they still are happy to get their Easter mornin chocolate and stuff!
Had some great hunts and good memories!
Thank you Jesus for saving us and leading us!!!!!

WOODIE13

Woodie can’t tell us. His season hasn’t started. I worked. BkW got grandkids. I work tonite. Get off at 8. Get home around 9. Ain’t got no birds anyway. Guess BkW shot them all.
Got the my thermal monocular in, limb season starts any day now, got a new freezer...

WOODIE13

sea trout

Goin to check a small cow farm that usually has birds but didn't have any last year, (at least when I was there),
Hopefully gobblers are back and gobbling
Lets see if Yeti will wake up on his spring break
Good luck y'all!