2024 Smack Talk

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
No birds harmed on our trip to the woods this weekend!
Great weekend though! Wife and kids, my bil, my bro and his fiance all went to camp!
We had good cookin and drinkin at the campfire Fri and Sat nights!
Heard birds gobbling both mornins! Couldn't get any to stand still for any shotguns but everyone had fun!
I got a week ah work, then I start havin more time to be in the woods!!!
Good luck folks!!!!!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Let's get this party started in the morning

Buford_Dawg

So, I keep tabs on the weekly kills as a forecast of how others are doing as the turkeys have vanished from my hunting areas in Oglethorpe county. Curiosity as to how others are doing in other parts of state. At this time, my impression is that some of you are seeing same decline as me. Kills are not as high as in years past if I recall. Good luck the rest of the season, I continue to monitor how the weeks are going.

sea trout

So, I keep tabs on the weekly kills as a forecast of how others are doing as the turkeys have vanished from my hunting areas in Oglethorpe county. Curiosity as to how others are doing in other parts of state. At this time, my impression is that some of you are seeing same decline as me. Kills are not as high as in years past if I recall. Good luck the rest of the season, I continue to monitor how the weeks are going.
How ya doin Neil!!??
I too have noticed the same, I think lot's of places have experienced a decline.

sea trout

Up and at em boyz n girlz, them gobblers ain't gonna keel themselves
couple more days!
The way the stars are aligned right now I'll get to hunt Sunday and Monday!
I hope it stays that way! And I hope the Lord knows how much I love and I'm full of thanks and praise and I'll be back at service after turkey season!!!

Bubba_1122

By the looks of our kill threads I’m not the only one without turkeys
I’ve managed to get both my grandboys on one this year ( the first ever for my 10 y/o and a really nice bird for my 12 y/o (his 3rd all time).
I’m huntin pretty hard trying to kill me one and striking out.
Got 7 1/2” of rain in a day down here a week or so ago. Whole lotta water in places where I hunt (river bottoms at one and swamps at other).
I’ll keep after it but am pretty flusterated right now.