3 day hike and Trout

throwdown

Hello, I need some help. I am pretty new to Georgia and am looking to do a 3 day hike with my dog. I am looking to hit some trails where I can catch some trout and just throw the tent up. Any help will really be appreciated.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Cohutta Wilderness Area/ Murray County, Chatsworth, Ga. The Jacks River Trail and many others will fill your desire. Some are hikers only and some trails allow horses as well. Go to the National Forrest website and get a map of the area and enjoy. BE CAREFULL. There are some big Rattlers in them hills!

Cohutta and the Jack's River trail is definitely one of the best trails for that. Lots of good quality fishing. Make it down to the gorge area and you will have some fine fishing!!!

Tightliner

Ditto! Personally on the Jacks side, I would drop in on Penitentary Branch and fish above the falls. Rough creek runs in a few miles down if you like bush crashing for some secluded fish! Conasauga side of the split is good too, just put in above the Brayfields. The upper areas hold alot of bows but boy are they spooky. Camo and light line and long leaders. Alot of the small feeder streams hold some suprisingly big fish for small water (those are a hoot!).

Later......................................