3 slams & change

wharfrat

Daniel was at the door at 5:15 this morning waking me up, ready to go again. So we loaded up to fish our home waters on the Island. Had three 15" cookie cutter trout first thing, two on topwater and one with Gulp shrimp under the cork. Ran up to the flounder hole and caught four real quick. Our favorite flounder bait is 4" white gulp swimming mullet and pinned on a 1/8 chartreuse jighead was the trick today. Daniel said he wanted to go to the honey hole for sharks and reds, so we cast netted some mullet. We had to get back on the hill by 1:00 and that meant missing the last two hours of low-when the bite is the best.....or so I thought. When we got to the hole, we only had 45 minutes to fish. For the next 45 minutes we couldn't keep two rods in the holders without them bowing over. It was doubles on sharks and redfish-26"-29". Ended up with 6 reds and two blacktips. All fish released, except for the 3 biggest flounders. Didn't find the camera in the tackle bag until after catching the trout-sorry no trout pics. The topwater lure for trout is my old standby, trout pattern skitterwalk.

Got an awesome recipe for flounder filets, will post in the cooking section.

img_2505.jpg

img_2509.jpg

img_2511a.jpg

img_2512.jpg

img_2516.jpg

img_2517.jpg

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats on the great fish'n and Great Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: