9/11...Never Forget

oldfella1962

watching footage of that day on TV right now. :(

bany

On the front porch remembering now. Had the air tv on for an hour and didn’t see the first word or pic. Did you know some lesbian fella got married?:banginghe:flag:

oldfella1962

I can`t watch any of it. It fills me with a hate filled rage that scares me.
Wow! Yes if it causes an emotional response that intense, I would say the best thing is to not watch it.

oldfella1962

On the front porch remembering now. Had the air tv on for an hour and didn’t see the first word or pic. Did you know some lesbian fella got married?:banginghe:flag:
Huh? If the lesbian is a fella then.....:unsure:....okay if the person the fella marries is a female.....:unsure:....wait if the person the fella marries is another fella identifying as....:unsure: okay my brain is toast now.

Duff

First time since that tragic day, the president of the united states is not going to be at the world trade center site on 9/11. He is busy in Vietnam discussing climate change. Sickening what this administration represents, or doesn't represent.

oldfella1962

To the 343 that gave the ultimate sacrifice, we stand on the shoulders of giants.
The incredible amount of fire fighters who died still amazes me. As a percentage of the total number of deaths, no other profession - no group with specific job skills & training - comes close. It was a staggering loss. :(

oldfella1962

First time since that tragic day, the president of the united states is not going to be at the world trade center site on 9/11. He is busy in Vietnam discussing climate change. Sickening what this administration represents, or doesn't represent.
I just heard that JB will be attending a 9/11 remembrance in Alaska. Probably because Alaska is a big "hub" for flying from Asia back to the lower 48 States.

Big7

The Oracle
I tell this story every anniversary.

I was at work and remember exactly where I was, what I was doing and even what I was drawing on my computer screen.

Going to keep it short this time but the guy under me, my assistant manager, was a little short guy and had a crooked neck due to a birth defect.
He was always joking around and he told a lot of flat out lies as if they were the truth so you never know to believe him or not.

Anyway.. He had just went all cell phone while mine stayed in the arm rest in my truck. His wife called him and told him about what would be the first hijack, he told me and I thought it was one of his jokes.

He talked me into going out into the plant to the mezzanine break room for the plant employees where there were some TV going 24/7.

About the time I got up there, the second plane hit.

I was afraid my Daddy would be reactivated so I told my boss I was going home knowing I had to go straight through Atlanta and the Skyscrapers.
I was in the "we are getting invaded, get to your stuff" mode.

My boss said "no you can't go home, we can't shut the plant down. (About 600 people)

I said to him " you can control whether or not I come back, but you can't control when I leave" and then I left. Run wide open through Atlanta to Conyers and prepared for "whatever".

Then, of course, I was glued to the TV mad as a wet hen for the next days, weeks and months.
I was not going to be satisfied until the world had been 100% eradicated of "peaceful muslims", via any means necessary.
I went to see the recruiter in Conyers only to find out I was just 6 months past the age of which there was a mechanism for a waiver.

:shoot: :biggestshoot:

turkeykirk

A very sad day and a day of infamy for our country and the sorry president is in Alaska today instead of doing his patriotic duty. Impeach him now.
Hope Biden trips coming down the steps.