A Moring of Riding Around

Nimrod71

As a retired person and deer season over and the river to full to fish I decided to just get out and ride around. To where you may ask, to a new gun store and shooting range. For several years I had heard of a gun store north of Soperton by the interstate and a 1,200 yd. shooting range in Emanuel Co. I was through that area last year on business and I just had time for a quick look for both, didn't find them, the directions I had been given were not right. So this time I got out the computer and looked up both places.

I felt good when I left the house, I was on a mission, I was going to find these places, and I did. The store was not hard to find, but can run past it if you don't pay attention. Sportsman's Corner is a nice store with a pretty good inventory and they also have a shooting range. They also had fishing stuff too.

The shooting range, Cool Springs Sporting Camp, was a little harder to find. First there are no signs telling you where it is and if you don't know where to look you will not find it. Lets just say it is off the highway and off a dirt road and down a woods road. A great place to have a long range rifle range. No one was around so I didn't get out of my car to look around. However, from what I saw in my drive by this is a very good place to test your long range shooting ability, a thousand yards is a long way. For anyone interested in rifle shooting they have a facebook page and have organized shooting events. I am planning on trying this place out.

Well by the time I got back to the highway my wife was calling to tell me dinner was on the table and I better get home or Barny and the cats would get my dinner. I love smoother fried pork chops, gravy on rice, fried cabbage, collards, tea and apple pie.

TL60

More importantly...How do I get an invite to dinner? :)

Reactions: Dub

Darkhorse

Did you get any contact info for the club or range?

Nimrod71

Snuf, the store was had a fair inventory, but like most they were short on some things. If you don't live to far away it would make a good trip to ride down and look at and maybe try the gun range.

DH, the contact info is all on there web page along with directions and phone number. If you are into long range shooting it would be a place to go. They have a number of events scheduled for this year, in fact there is one listed for next week.