AJC Article About UGA Culture

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

I was done with it after researching and reading for 30 minutes. Presuming the reporters who did the research for traffic offenses got it right, that is a lot of traffic offenses (the 60 serious offenses).
I just read that article you posted and I don't recall ever hearing that James Cook "plowed" into 5 parked cars. And I just searched (just for you) and could not find anything about that, other than it mentioned in that article. He was stopped by the police, but no mention of him plowing into 5 cars. Here's what I found. https://247sports.com/college/georg...40622893/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app What gives? :huh: Surely the highly respected :rofl: journalist of the AJC wouldn't screw up the facts that awfully bad, would they? Hey, if that really happened, I'm unaware of it.

Still, I think we all can agree, Georgia players need to get their acts together before we have another senseless tragedy.

Resica

As with all things, hypocrisy has levels, mine can’t hold a light to yours.
Explain please Brad? I asked a simple question on thoughts and a few of you seem to bring up other stuff. Come on Brad. Was never looking for trouble.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Explain please Brad? I asked a simple question on thoughts and a few of you seem to bring up other stuff. Come on Brad. Was never looking for trouble.
You totally deny you were trying to get something started,trolling with this? Come on, man.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m surprised that y’all want to take the word of journalist as fact. There’s been in recent history many accounts of these news stories being twisted to sell a story or confuse the story.

Madsnooker

I just read this thread. That article is nuts. If only half of it is true that's still eye opening. At those numbers you would think one of the adults in the room would get a handle on this. I'm guessing after the unfortunate accident after the NC game someone would????? Young people and speeding happens alot but those are some crazy numbers. So much so I'm almost questioning the validity of the article as some have said.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I posted this about myself in another thread about this.

I have been over 100mph a time or 12 in my life, I have street raced long before street outlaws was ever a show.

Was it smart? Probably not.

Fastest I have ever been was in a 92 mustang coupe with a built 347 stroker putting out a dynoed 475hp to the wheels. I raced a new model Camaro on a local interstate. We were running between 168 and 175 mph.

These guys are still kids an 18 to 21 year old is still a kid, chip in the NIL deals and $$ to spend on cars they don't have a clue how to drive and it's a mixture for disaster!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I posted this about myself in another thread about this.

I have been over 100mph a time or 12 in my life, I have street raced long before street outlaws was ever a show.

Was it smart? Probably not.

Fastest I have ever been was in a 92 mustang coupe with a built 347 stroker putting out a dynoed 475hp to the wheels. I raced a new model Camaro on a local interstate. We were running between 168 and 175 mph.

These guys are still kids an 18 to 21 year old is still a kid, chip in the NIL deals and $$ to spend on cars they don't have a clue how to drive and it's a mixture for disaster!
They are also all alpha males. The same things that make them the best in country at an extremely violent sport make them like things like driving really fast. I can’t believe grown men are seriously acting shocked and scandalized by this.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
They are also all alpha males. The same things that make them the best in country at an extremely violent sport make them like things like driving really fast. I can’t believe grown men are seriously acting shocked and scandalized by this.
Exactly!!! Spot on!!!

I was lucky to have a dad who taught me how to drive and handle fast powerful cars.

My mom work for the folks who started the Atlanta Dragstrip before it was the Atlanta Dragstrip.

I have been around fast cars all my life.

Madsnooker

Your right. What was I thinking??? Nothing to see in the amount of infractions there. That's probably not even as much as most schools. Just a few boys having a little fun on a Friday night. By the way, I'm not shocked. Lol I was just surprised at the number of infractions. I mean just use common sense here. Those numbers don't reflect everytime they drove reckless, just the times they were caught. For you to act like it's no big deal which is what your post implied is laughable. If next week one of the "alpha males" speeds in his toy and....nevermind.
Hopefully nothing else happens while these "alpha males" are just doing the only thing they know how to do.

Anyway I'm done in this thread as I really don't care I just was very surprised by that article and is why it's almost to much to believe.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Your right. What was I thinking??? Nothing to see in the amount of infractions there. That's probably not even as much as most schools. Just a few boys having a little fun on a Friday night. By the way, I'm not shocked. Lol I was just surprised at the number of infractions. I mean just use common sense here. Those numbers don't reflect everytime they drove reckless, just the times they were caught. For you to act like it's no big deal which is what your post implied is laughable. If next week one of the "alpha males" speeds in his toy and....nevermind.
Hopefully nothing else happens while these "alpha males" are just doing the only thing they know how to do.

Anyway I'm done in this thread as I really don't care I just was very surprised by that article and is why it's almost to much to believe.
No your butthurt is what’s laughable. I’m cracked up reading this tear stained drama.

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Those numbers are since Kirby has been there, not all in one year. I hope you understand this. Saw where there have been 10 traffic violations since January 15. Showed that on the bottom of ESPN not long ago. Not that it makes it any better, just to clarify. Maybe taking their sweet rides away for a few months when they commit a serious traffic violation would get their attention. Give them big wheels to ride. :bounce:

Madsnooker

Those numbers are since Kirby has been there, not all in one year. I hope you understand this. Saw where there have been 10 traffic violations since January 15. Showed that on the bottom of ESPN not long ago. Not that it makes it any better, just to clarify. Maybe taking their sweet rides away for a few months when they commit a serious traffic violation would get their attention. Give them big wheels to ride. :bounce:
Ok did not catch that. I thought is was the last 2 years for some reason. That's why I made the comment about it almost not being believable. Thanks Britches for setting me straight. :rockon: :wink:

Of course the boys still need to slow down!!!! :wink:

Last edited: