Alien Gear IWB holster review

lungbuster123

I received my Alien Gear IWB holster last week and have worn it every day (except at work) for the last week. Let's do the pro's and con's on the holster first....

Pro's-

1. Priced right (mine was $34! even cheaper if you get tan leather instead of black)

2. Triple guarantee (30 day money back, lifetime warranty, and they will swap out your shell if you change your carry gun)

3. Sweat proof leather

4. Adjustable retention on your gun

5. Made in the USA!!!!

Con's -

1. Not able to use this holster for OWB carry

2. The wait time was a little long

Overall I have been extremely pleased with the holster. It only took about two days for the holster to shape up and it fits like a glove now.....super comfortable! Like I said the wait time was a little long (5 weeks.) The price point is what really sold me on this thing! Very affordable and it comes with all the pieces you need for full adjustment to your liking. The non OWB thing wasn't a concern to me because I always carry IWB but I know a lot of people like to. Overall I got the holster, and a shirt shipped for $50!

Attachments

• 20140417_162040.jpg
    20140417_162040.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 273

T-N-T

I saw an advertisement for them in a magazine. Looked good to me. I already have a hybrid very similar to them for my XDs so I passed on buying one. But I think they are a great value...

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Ordered one for my Ruger SR9c a couple weeks ago. Was wondering what the lead time was...thanks, good review.

lungbuster123

Ordered one for my Ruger SR9c a couple weeks ago. Was wondering what the lead time was...thanks, good review.

I was originally quoted 3-4 weeks for shipping then something happened and it ended up being 5 weeks before it shipped, but I had it in three days and it was worth the wait.

Bigtimber

I have one...my first hybrid type holster. Quality seems great...and I looked at a few other higher priced ones. Very comfortable for IWB. Only thing I don't like...and I highly suspect its like this with all hybrids Ive seen is.....the leather "collapses" to a degree when you draw the pistol. Reholstering is kinda a pain in a way. Like I say I think it would be the same with most any of this type hybrid holster. The leather is thick so I think alien could be better than most about losing shape under waist/belt tention when the weapon is out. What I'm thinking I'll do is cut a piece of kydex sheet to line the inside and put it between the leather and holster to make a full kydex mouth/holster body...if that makes sense. I think it would be fairly easy and work better for me. Hope that will work??????Great buy for the money I think as well...shipping alittle slow...I think they stay swamped.
Kinda makes me wonder why all hrbrid type holster makers don't do the mod stated above to begin with? Seems with the alien gear that has the adjustable tention spacers it would be a big improvement and not that hard to do....but I haven't tried it....yet...maybe its just me..

BamaBart

I have one for my G27 and it's very comfortable!
I give it a thumbs up!