Every day carry

ucfireman

Just curious, Do y'all carry full size, compact or subcompact?
I don't carry everyday but have all 3, but do notice the bigger gun weighs a lot (More ammo) and pulls my pants down, I don't have much of a butt.

And do y'all use just regular sights or do y'all have red dots or whatever the latest fancy thing is?
My MP Shield in .40 had a crimson trigger green laser, Really like it but can be hard to find a holster for it. I got one from alien but I don't like the way it wears.

And where do y'all wear or carry it? Side, back, pocket, IWB, OWB?

Mars

Mostly glock 19 or glock 26. I'll wear my g43 if I need deep concealment. All are carried in the appendix position. Spare mag for the 19 and 26 in a pocket, 43 holster has mag pouch attached.

jrickman

9mm Shield OWB at 3 about 99% of the time. On the ankle when I need to get gussied up with a shirt tucked in, and on some rare occasions it just slides in a back pocket (I have the manual safety). I run a TLR6 on it unless it is in the ankle holster.

JeffinPTC

I carry i a Beretta PX4 Sub Compact(13+pipe) in an Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster.

https://www.unclemikes.com/holsters-2/inside-the-pocket-holster/P00892.html

with a Crossbreed belt, both 1.25 and1.5."

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/classic-gun-belt.html

Stay away from regular/cheap belts. They don't hold up your pants with the weight.
I originally got the velcro liner and IWB holster, but found I didn't like the IWB due issues with seat belts, coming loose etc. It may be harder to draw, but more likely to be carried.
Works for me even in shorts.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I have seen one that had a Stainless steel band wrapped in leather, is that what your talking or just a good heavy leather belt?
I dont wear a belt that often. My gut don't like it.
No wonder it pulls your pants down!:p
I wouldn't say it necessarily had to have steel in it but one particularly made and marketing for carrying. They help was keeping the top part of the pistol from tilting outward.
I love my 511 which is hardly distinguishable from a regular belt.

1eyefishing

Just curious, Do y'all carry full size, compact or subcompact?
I don't carry everyday but have all 3, but do notice the bigger gun weighs a lot (More ammo) and pulls my pants down, I don't have much of a butt.

And do y'all use just regular sights or do y'all have red dots or whatever the latest fancy thing is?
My MP Shield in .40 had a crimson trigger green laser, Really like it but can be hard to find a holster for it. I got one from alien but I don't like the way it wears.

And where do y'all wear or carry it? Side, back, pocket, IWB, OWB?
Also, I carry (several different models) at at 9 o'clock position. Similar to appendix except that I cant the barrel to point behind my left hip (right handed).
The advantages I find are... it is super comfortable driving with the seatbelt and doesn't interfere with clipping the seatbelt as on the right side. Super easy to draw from seat belted position.
Never shows from the rear when you reach forward or bend over and your shirt doesn't come back down over it. A baggy untucked shirt is the charm.
I also like the fact that it allows me to spot anybody who is making my carry because they are in front of me looking at me, not someone studying me from behind that I don't notice. No unnoticed perp could grab my gun from the rear.
And my gut helps hide it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Glock 23 IWB at 3-4 o'clock. Don't want a laser, just one more thing to hang up on a draw, or tear up.

1eyefishing

Also, I carry (several different models) at at 9 o'clock position. Similar to appendix except that I cant the barrel to point behind my left hip (right handed).
The advantages I find are... it is super comfortable driving with the seatbelt and doesn't interfere with clipping the seatbelt as on the right side. Super easy to draw from seat belted position.
Never shows from the rear when you reach forward or bend over and your shirt doesn't come back down over it. A baggy untucked shirt is the charm.
I also like the fact that it allows me to spot anybody who is making my carry because they are in front of me looking at me, not someone studying me from behind that I don't notice. No unnoticed perp could grab my gun from the rear.
And my gut helps hide it.

My large FN-45 carries wonderfully in this position Mexican style (no holster).

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I carry a RIA 3.10 in an IWB when out and about. At work or other places it rides in my backpack. 10 + 1 239grn HP .45acp.
20220613_200718_copy_800x600.jpg

Dub

My old guy "get off my lawn" reply. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk....but I did. Edited to explain rationale.

Typical carry for me is a 5" or 4.25" 1911 IWB leather holster with a pair of trusted & vetted spare mags. Sometimes I'll use OWB leather. Just depends on a couple variables...the main one being what is most comfortable for me on a given day....spine protests somedays, ghost of prior injury/surgery.

Over the years I've developed great trust & comfort with Milt Sparks holsters. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars or experimenting with other stuff. I want concealment and safety. I get that with Sparks, as well as comfort. Also get a product made from durable materials that will last a long, long time. Tried and true designs and expertly made...not amateur hour stuff.

I'll never understand people who use junk gear that can actually be dangerous or can fail when it may be needed the most. I've learned the hard way...some of the materials used by some makers don't weather well. Some of the polymer stuff will crack under extreme temp variations. Anything with screws can be an issue.

Folks spend crazy money on car stereos, aftermarket tires & rims, designer truckbed covers, Gucci energy drinks, etc....but wear ill-fitted poorly made holsters & use unreliable magazines and remain outspoken about how "expensive that stuff is". Priorities are what they are. Some folks voted for Biden-Harris, too. Can't explain some folk's logic....or lack thereof.

Lightweight carry (drawstring gym shorts/pants) will be a either a P365 or J-fame in pocket holster. Pants on = gun on. Carry inside the house ? Yep. You betcha. Pants on = gun on. A locked front door or rear door is a temporary barrier if someone is intent on getting in.

Nexbelt offers a mighty useful alternative to thick leather belts with the EDC line. Stiffness is improved over many lightweight belts and adjustably is endless. They don't work great with OWB holsters but do okay with IWB. Again...not as useful as a nice thick leather belt...but not too shabby...especially if carrying an alloy framed commander.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/nylon-edc-belt-series

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Glock 19 or S&W BodyGuard .380

ditchdoc24

I used to carry a Glock 22 daily. Now my EDC is a Glock 19 or a Glock 43.