Every day carry

Dub

I have been shot at, did not care for it. Not hanging around to be shot at again. I don't owe putting my life on the line for anyone in this world except my family.

Well, to die trying to save some little childrens would be ok.

:cheers:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have been shot at, did not care for it. Not hanging around to be shot at again. I don't owe putting my life on the line for anyone in this world except my family.

Well, to die trying to save some little childrens would be ok.

Yep, it sure would be OK... ?

Having been on "the wrong end" of a gun a time or three myself I can heartily agree that it ain't no fun.

Even when you are young, trained, and think you are "ready" it just ain't never what you thought it would be...lol

At my advanced age, my fatalistic attitude is over, and my focus is the protection of me and mine. And I will do that with every dirty trick in the book, and some that ain't.

The rest ain't up to me anymore...

Dub

A good, comfortable pair of athletic shoes should be a part of the EDC plan. ;)

In some states the first requirement of self defense must be an attempt to flee....then self defense measures can be taken.

I don't pretend to understand the intricacies of such....even after discussing the matter with a Sheriff's Deputy from such a state (in this case it was South Carolina).

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've done this before and I am going to do it again...

We are in a strange place nowadays, folks.

The Law is on our side regarding carrying guns, and getting better every day. More and more folks are buying guns and goin' heeled.

The Law is NOT on our side regarding actually USING a gun, and getting worse every day. No such thing as an open and shut self defense case anymore with all the Liberal Pantywaisting in the courts and media.

So now more than ever you need to be well up to speed regarding gun laws and the use of force.

And most folks ain't. I hear crap that won't fly all the time, and I know several who are carrying but have no clue as to what they are signing up for.

They think they can just "drag him inside" or shoot a meth head breaking into their truck...And on and on.

Everyone who carries a gun owes themselves an education, and I am providing a link to a great place to start. This lady knows her stuff, and presents it well. She also covers your butt in all 50 states, in three steps.

So here it is.

https://www.corneredcat.com

Dub

I've done this before and I am going to do it again...

We are in a strange place nowadays, folks.

The Law is on our side regarding carrying guns, and getting better every day. More and more folks are buying guns and goin' heeled.

The Law is NOT on our side regarding actually USING a gun, and getting worse every day. No such thing as an open and shut self defense case anymore with all the Liberal Pantywaisting in the courts and media.

So now more than ever you need to be well up to speed regarding gun laws and the use of force.

And most folks ain't. I hear crap that won't fly all the time, and I know several who are carrying but have no clue as to what they are signing up for.

They think they can just "drag him inside" or shoot a meth head breaking into their truck...And on and on.

Everyone who carries a gun owes themselves an education, and I am providing a link to a great place to start. This lady knows her stuff, and presents it well. She also covers your butt in all 50 states, in three steps.

So here it is.

https://www.corneredcat.com

Thank you for the Cornered Cat tip.

She has a PILE of experience in what looks like every aspect of self defense.

Living through an assault is the first goal.

Current legal system and financial ruination are the next hurdles.

SC Hunter

@Railroader I was more along the lines of highpoint in an uncle Mike's, I forgot about lorcins ?

People that carry a gun every day carry themselves different than somebody that carries one to feel like their Billy Bad Butt. I look at just about every person's hips and front pockets I meet 95% of the time. I don't know why but I just do.

jbarron

BANNED
FWIW, I always have pepper spray... even when I'm carrying a firearm. I think it's a good idea to have a none lethal option readily available.

pacecars

If I want to carry OWB I stick it in a Milt Sparks with shark skin trim
C5110559-A8EE-468E-8CA9-C65803456693.jpeg

OffTheBeatnPath

Glock 43x in a bravo concealment IWB has been the most comfortable / ideal for me. I sometimes carry a 42 with a $15 holster I bought off of amazon and it isn't bad. Just make sure you have a good belt! I use a tactical belt I was issued while in the AF. If I could get the same veteran discount on sig as I do on Glock, I would have a p365. They are good shooting guns

Dub

Glock 43x in a bravo concealment IWB has been the most comfortable / ideal for me. I sometimes carry a 42 with a $15 holster I bought off of amazon and it isn't bad. Just make sure you have a good belt! I use a tactical belt I was issued while in the AF. If I could get the same veteran discount on sig as I do on Glock, I would have a p365. They are good shooting guns

Wouldn't think a 12oz G42 would require much of a belt. :huh:

oppthepop

In the woods - Glock 29 in 10mm OR a S&W Governor with 2 loads of #4, 2 loads of 000 buck, and two 45 long colts
everywhere else - Glock 43 with spare mag

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

I wear a pistol everyday. My go to is a Glock Mod. 45 in 9 mm. I carry it in a Blackhawk holster. I really like this holster because it rides high which works well when I ride horses, motor cycles and it motor vehicles and boats. I like the mod. 45 because it has the barrel of the 19 and the magazine of the 17. I use to carry a 22 but it only held 10 rounds. Also water, dust and mud is not has bad on their operation as on some of the other pistols I have carried.

Reactions: Dub

transfixer

I've probably mentioned this before, but the last 4 or 5 yrs I've been using Nexbelts edc belts, extremely durable, stiff enough for pistol holsters of any type, and click adjustable in 1/4in increments, they don't roll over, don't sag, I have one I wear as a work belt and then 3 or 4 others in various colors for my casual wear , I always carry iwb unless in the woods, and they've not failed me yet.

FlipKing

I've probably mentioned this before, but the last 4 or 5 yrs I've been using Nexbelts edc belts, extremely durable, stiff enough for pistol holsters of any type, and click adjustable in 1/4in increments, they don't roll over, don't sag, I have one I wear as a work belt and then 3 or 4 others in various colors for my casual wear , I always carry iwb unless in the woods, and they've not failed me yet.

I use this as well. I'm 6 months into one of every day use. Has some wear but still in good shape.

ucfireman

How long did it take yall to get "used" to carrying? I mean where the seat belt wasn't an issue, you dint notice when you sat down or bent over etc?
Like said, I have carried a few times and just cant get used to it. Plus I have never been able to carry at work, against the rules (FD, now hospitals), so if I put it on in the morning then take it off then put it back on it just seems like a pain.