All About God

BanjoPicker

There is no reasonable excuse for ignorance of God, or for such conception of Him, for in the Bible there are over 20,000 references about Him stating in almost infinite detail what He is like, what He can do and cannot do, and what He has done and yet plans to do. We will thus magnify God best by believing and teaching every thing the Bible says about Him. We can have a comprehensive knowledge of God from these many references if we will but believe what they say.

BanjoPicker

GOD. This word simply means deity or divinity and a general term used of false Gods as well as of the true. How many persons there are in the true deity cannot be determined by the word itself. Plain Scriptures on the subject must settle this question.

BanjoPicker

Godhead. This term simply means that which is divine. It is used of Jesus in Col. 2:9, as having all the qualities of divinity in His manifestation of God to men. It is also used of all three persons in the deity in Rom. 1:20.

BanjoPicker

One. The Hebrew word for one in such Scriptures as “one Lord” (Deut. 6:4-6) and “one God” (Mal. 2:10) is achad,to unify, collect, be unified in one, one in number. It is used as one in unity many times: “they shall be one flesh” (Gen. 2:24); “the people is one” (Gen. 11:6). The Greek for one in “one Lord” and “one God” in Mark 12:29, 32 is heis, gather together in one (Jn. 11:52 and to be one in unity (Jn. 10:30;17:11,21-23; 1 Jn. 5:7, 8). The English word one also means one in unity, as can be seen in the above passages. whether one in unity or one in number is the meaning in a particular passage must be determined by Scripture and not by the meaning of the word itself.

Artfuldodger

One. The Hebrew word for one in such Scriptures as “one Lord” (Deut. 6:4-6) and “one God” (Mal. 2:10) is achad,to unify, collect, be unified in one, one in number. It is used as one in unity many times: “they shall be one flesh” (Gen. 2:24); “the people is one” (Gen. 11:6). The Greek for one in “one Lord” and “one God” in Mark 12:29, 32 is heis, gather together in one (Jn. 11:52 and to be one in unity (Jn. 10:30;17:11,21-23; 1 Jn. 5:7, 8). The English word one also means one in unity, as can be seen in the above passages. whether one in unity or one in number is the meaning in a particular passage must be determined by Scripture and not by the meaning of the word itself.
Cool, I've never thought about one in unity. I usually think of one in number.

gordon 2

Cool, I've never thought about one in unity. I usually think of one in number.
I bet you have regards unity but you took it for granted maybe.

"I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one—…"

This is a eyebrow raiser if ever there was one. Man and God are one, one meaning unity. Man is in God and God is in man. !!!!!!!!!!! This will be hard to read for some.

Last edited:

Madman

I bet you have regards unity but you took it for granted maybe.

"I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one—…"

This is a eyebrow raiser if ever there was one. Man and God are one, one meaning unity. Man is in God and God is in man. !!!!!!!!!!! This will be hard to read for some.
Some call it sanctification, the Church calls it Theosis, to become by grace what God is by nature, we will not become God, but become like God.

BanjoPicker

In. This word means in union with and when used of persons it does not mean bodily entrance into, except, in the case of disembodied spirits, or demons. We read of God being in Christ 2 Cor. 5:19 and Christ being in God Jn. 14:10, 11, 20, of man being in Christ 2 Cor. 5:17 and Christ being in man Rom. 8:10, of man being in the Spirit and the Spirit being in the man Rom. 8:9, and of Satan entering into man Jn. 13:27, but it never means in these cases bodily entrance into, for all these persons have bodies and cannot get inside each other bodily.
When Paul said of believers, "I have you in my heart" and "ye are in our hearts" 2 Cor. 7:3; Phil. 1:7, he could only mean in union with, not bodily entrance into. The Bible doctrine of interpenetration means the union of two or more persons together for the same end. Thus, persons can be one with each other to a common end without literally getting inside each other or without being one single person. Being one with and in each other does not depend on bodily contract, or the loss of either personality. Persons can be in each other and one with each other, though there are thousands of miles between them bodily.
Men control each other to the extent of oneness with each other. So, it is with God and Satan, who control men to the extent of union with them to the same end. Thus, when God dwelled in Christ and Christ dwelled in God, it did not mean they were one person or that they dwelt inside each other bodily. They were one in union one to the same end, in the same sense that men and Christ, or men and men, dwell in each other. He that is joined to the Lord is one Spirit 1 Cor. 6:17.

dslc6487

Who is God? Where is God? I have always considered God to be the ultimate Authority in the universe. Whatever happens is either God's Will, or, He allows it to happen. Am I wrong, I don't know.
I am now in very much of a struggle with God, and, does He really care. I see signs all the time and I have people tell me all the time that "God is still in control". I do not believe this statement. Look around, evil is in control.
If you add the work "ultimately" to the end of that statement maybe that will work, I do not know.
My wife was diagnosed with ALS in May of 2019. I kept her at home as her sole caregiver until Jan of this year. I bathed her, toilette her, fed her, got her in bed, clothed her, did everything for her. We have been married for 46 years. She is 68 and I am 77. I am also a decorated, disabled veteran of the Vietnam War. I have had 2 knee replacements, 2 shoulder replacements, a metal plate in my neck and I still have some shrapnel in my left arm for a booby trap. This has been a journey that I would not wish of my worst enemy. ALS is classified by the American Medical Association as the worse possible disease that a person can be diagnosed with.
My wife was a professional musician. She was very proficient with the following instruments: floor harp, guitar, dulcimer, piano, psaltery, and a wonderful soloist. I have now seen her go to a helpless body, lying in a bed or in a power wheel chair. She is on a feeding tube, can not use any limb on her body and cannot talk. I go to see her every day because my love for her has not dimished any whatsoever.
If I could make the decision, it would be for both of us to die this very second. This is not a life that is worth living. We can do nothing that retired couples enjoy doing. We cannot have our grandchilren over. We cannot take them any where. We can only see them when they come to the nursing home for a visit. With ALS there is no treatment or cure. You get ALS and usually within 3 to 5 years you die.
In 1 Thessolonians 5: 16-18 it say that in all circumstances you should give joy and thanks. Well, I ain't there. Also people tell me that there is hurt everywhere in the world. They say look at all of the children with cancer at St. Judes, and give me examples of young people getting killed in accidents. But, this does not help my grief or hurt at all.
I am mad with God, and I tell him each and every day, and, I have cursed him on many occasions on this journey. I cannot pray any more and don't even try.
When JOB was going through his trials and tribulations, he did not know that he would get everything back, and even more. But I know what the end of our journey is going to be. I am going to lose the love of my life, my sole mate, my rock, the most devout Christian person that I have ever known in my life.
Sorry for the long post, but these words are the truth and the way that I feel. I just ask God to look at my heart and try to find love and compassion there somewhere, and maybe I can some how receive some forgiveness and compassion from Him.

BanjoPicker

Person. A person is anyone who can act, think, and feel, anyone capable of self-consciousness and self-determination, any individual having legal rights and duties, a rational being with bodily presence, soul passions, and spirit faculties. In grammar it means one of three separate relations of three separate persons in discourse distinguished by certain pronouns: that of THE SPEAKER, or the first person; that of THE ONE SPOKEN TO, or the second person; and that of THE ONE SPOKEN OF, or the third person.
First, second, and third personal pronouns are used of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in speaking TO and Of each other.

Madman

From a homily a week ago.

“Of course, the Catholic Faith is not primarily about a moral code or an ethical system; it is not primarily about sin. It is primarily about the glorification of mankind in Christ Jesus. As St. Irenaeus of Lyons wrote in the second century: “The glory of God is a living man; and the life of a man is the vision of God”. Our Faith is about the vision of God, and of man becoming divinized through that vision, all of which comes through life in Christ.”

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
How many thrones are there?

Artfuldodger

How many thrones are there?
Revelation 3:21
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

1 Corinthians 15 passage
Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Sounds like two thrones at the present but one is still superior to the other. Christ's is temporary and doesn't give him power over God. Then when death is defeated Christ will relinquish his throne and sit on the floor.

Artfuldodger

Maybe the throne of Christ is just on the New Earth and not in Heaven?
Matthew 19:28
Jesus replied, “I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Artfuldodger

If the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were always three equals with neither being superior, then there would now be and would have always been three equal thrones. Even if figurative. Jesus would not be saying things like worship God only and we'd hear more from the Holy Spirit before the Pentecost. No entity of the Godhead would be hand over their reign.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
There’s not but one. There’s inky one God, He’s a spirit with no flesh and bones.

Scripture is plain - God “manifest” Himself………

If God is a spirit with no flesh and bones there’s no right hand to sit by. Jesus sits in authority. The right hand in the Bible symbolizes authority and power.

Artfuldodger

There’s not but one. There’s inky one God, He’s a spirit with no flesh and bones.

Scripture is plain - God “manifest” Himself………

If God is a spirit with no flesh and bones there’s no right hand to sit by. Jesus sits in authority. The right hand in the Bible symbolizes authority and power.
If the right hand of God only symbolizes then perhaps the throne of the spirit God only symbolizes as well. But I can see your point that there is only one in authority(throne.)
Now if it's physical, perhaps it is Jesus sitting on the one throne as God. If this is true, we mayall be up there on that throne with him in the sense of "all in all." When we see Jesus we will be like him.
At some point it seems like the judging and the ruling will no longer be needed at the point that death is defeated and Jesus returns the throne to his Father.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If the right hand of God only symbolizes then perhaps the throne of the spirit God only symbolizes as well. But I can see your point that there is only one in authority(throne.)
Now if it's physical, perhaps it is Jesus sitting on the one throne as God. If this is true, we mayall be up there on that throne with him in the sense of "all in all." When we see Jesus we will be like him.
At some point it seems like the judging and the ruling will no longer be needed at the point that death is defeated and Jesus returns the throne to his Father.
I don’t think we’ll all be on the throne. Being one with Christ in spirit isn’t the same as being one as Him……. such as you being Art, the son of your Dad, the father of your son,

Right hand - remember through Jesus all power is given. Jesus sits in authority, covers our sins.

Scripture is clear, God manifest Himself. He can be Jesus in humanity, spirit in salvation, and Father as creator.

You’re correct, the judging will stop and He will reign as the Father. There won’t be any sins to cover after the judgement.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Maybe the throne of Christ is just on the New Earth and not in Heaven?
Matthew 19:28
Jesus replied, “I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
From my understanding of the 12 thrones, you’ll be judged by the Word. Is that the Word if God, Bible? Or as in John - Word was made flesh (Jesus), since the Son of Man will be sitting their? Or, both, judged by the Word (Jesus) and the word of God (Bible)? I believe the latter.

The 12 foundations of heaven have the names of the Apostles in them. We were warned to teach / preach nothing but what the Apostles taught - back to being judged by the words of the Bible.

I don’t believe Peter will actually judge, but the works of the one being judged will be judged by the words Peter preached. I believe the Apostles will be there as a witness to their preaching.

Last edited:

Latest posts