Am I The Only One?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
When I bowhunt, I do it with a selfbow I made myself out of a piece of wood I cut myself, with arrows I made myself from cane or hardwood shoots, and hand-knapped flint points. It's worked and kept people fed for tens of thousands of years. I have been known to twist my own bowstrings out of rawhide, deer sinew, or yucca fibers.

And it probably weighs about as much as my quiver.

across the river

Am I the only one who hate these " Am I the only one" threads. No your not the only one. Some people buy new stuff because they can afford it, some people buy new stuff and can't afford it, some people don't buy much of anything because they just can't afford it, and some people don't buy new stuff even though they could afford it.
Do what you want and buy or don't buy what you want. Hunt with a brand new bow or one your grandaddy made by hand. Who cares what anyone else does? I just don't get it.

uturn

I’m kinda an addict myself! I buy and trade and get and give and have and replace and collect and build and give away and get back what I once had sometimes guess it’s just me!

Part of who I am I suppose!

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
I'm a mixture of old and new. 2008 Bowtech and new string and sorta new broadheads ( old Slick Tricks with new blades). New ladder stands and hunting club and old guns with new ammo. I love me some current camo patterns but still wear all my old stuff too. I did finally buy a Polaris side by side.last year but that's because I got too old to drag the big ones out. And I bought a crossbow last year for a similar reason, but I didn't by a Ravin or a Ten Point. No matter what u buy this year, but Amercan if you can, vote Trump, honor God, love your family and your neighbor! And live to your fullest while you have life!!!

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm still rocking a Bear Attack I got in 2010, I bought my future wife an engagement ring and she bought me that bow, outside of some waterfowl gear the last thing I bought hunting clothes wise was the original ua ridge reaper jacket and pants, my lovely bride a year into that jacket thought she was helping me and decided to wash and dry it and it had that cheap plastic zipper on the jacket and the dryer melted it. On the flip side it wasn't very warm in wind but had the arm zippers that were nice for bow hunting

krizia829

Am I the only one who hate these " Am I the only one" threads. No your not the only one. Some people buy new stuff because they can afford it, some people buy new stuff and can't afford it, some people don't buy much of anything because they just can't afford it, and some people don't buy new stuff even though they could afford it.
Do what you want and buy or don't buy what you want. Hunt with a brand new bow or one your grandaddy made by hand. Who cares what anyone else does? I just don't get it.
There's always that guy with a negative opinion. :rolleyes:
Just starting a conversation bud. There are plenty of other threads you can read instead!

krizia829

I'm a mixture of old and new. 2008 Bowtech and new string and sorta new broadheads ( old Slick Tricks with new blades). New ladder stands and hunting club and old guns with new ammo. I love me some current camo patterns but still wear all my old stuff too. I did finally buy a Polaris side by side.last year but that's because I got too old to drag the big ones out. And I bought a crossbow last year for a similar reason, but I didn't by a Ravin or a Ten Point. No matter what u buy this year, but Amercan if you can, vote Trump, honor God, love your family and your neighbor! And live to your fullest while you have life!!!
I agree!! (y)(y)

across the river

There's always that guy with a negative opinion. :rolleyes:
Just starting a conversation bud. There are plenty of other threads you can read instead!
I did read them. I also read this one and made a post in response. Because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they have a “negative opinion”, it means they have a different opinion.

My point is, these posts are always some underhanded dig at someone who hunts differently. Typically, it is the guy that doesn’t trophy hunt, or doesn’t use ozonics, or doesn’t have the money to spend on some high dollar lease, asking if he is the “only one” who doesn’t do hunt like that, or wears old camo, or only hunts public land, like there is something wrong with the guys that spend a bunch of money on hunting. I have never seen a guy, not one time, come on here and say, “Am I the only one who studied hard in school and made really good grades, or spent years building up my business, or invested my money as a teenager into stocks instead of buying a jacked up truck and a boat, so that I now have enough money as an adult to spend money on whatever hunting and fishing items I want to spend money on. You never see that, ever. I’m not a gadget guy. I hunt with rifles and a bow that are both 20 plus years old, and I know I’m not the only one like that. But I am friends and sometimes hunt with people who buy new bows, ATVs, rifles, etc.... all the time, and they aren’t the only ones doing that either. That’s why I think these post are dumb. Hunt like you want and let them hunt like they want. Neither of you are the “only one” hunting that way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I did read them. I also read this one and made a post in response. Because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they have a “negative opinion”, it means they have a different opinion.

My point is, these posts are always some underhanded dig at someone who hunts differently. Typically, it is the guy that doesn’t trophy hunt, or doesn’t use ozonics, or doesn’t have the money to spend on some high dollar lease, asking if he is the “only one” who doesn’t do hunt like that, or wears old camo, or only hunts public land, like there is something wrong with the guys that spend a bunch of money on hunting. I have never seen a guy, not one time, come on here and say, “Am I the only one who studied hard in school and made really good grades, or spent years building up my business, or invested my money as a teenager into stocks instead of buying a jacked up truck and a boat, so that I now have enough money as an adult to spend money on whatever hunting and fishing items I want to spend money on. You never see that, ever. I’m not a gadget guy. I hunt with rifles and a bow that are both 20 plus years old, and I know I’m not the only one like that. But I am friends and sometimes hunt with people who buy new bows, ATVs, rifles, etc.... all the time, and they aren’t the only ones doing that either. That’s why I think these post are dumb. Hunt like you want and let them hunt like they want. Neither of you are the “only one” hunting that way.
I don't see a dig at anybody anywhere on the thread. All I see is that different people enjoy different ways of hunting, and have different attitudes about it, and it's interesting to talk about. There is no right or wrong way to hunt, as long as you're enjoying yourself. Different people enjoy different things. What's wrong with that?

across the river

I don't see a dig at anybody anywhere on the thread. All I see is that different people enjoy different ways of hunting, and have different attitudes about it, and it's interesting to talk about. There is no right or wrong way to hunt, as long as you're enjoying yourself. Different people enjoy different things. What's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing, which is what my other two posts said. Hunt like you want to and let other people hunt like they want to. I guess I just hate the ''Am I the only one" phrase, and you don't use that to phase to start a two sided discussion.

Kris87

We know why these threads are posted. It's no different than the "I can kill deer in blue jeans and a plaid shirt" thread that pops up every year. I too think they get old.

across the river

We know why these threads are posted. It's no different than the "I can kill deer in blue jeans and a plaid shirt" thread that pops up every year. I too think they get old.

Or the "I would never let my child shoot a deer over corn because he/she wouldn't appricate it" thread.

Or the "Am I the only one who doesn't use gadgets to hunt deer" thread.

Or the " Am I the only one who thinks trophy hunting has ruined deer hunting" thread.

Or the "Am I the only one who doesn't name their deer" thread.

I could go on, and on, and on.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think I’m gonna start a am I the only one who doesn’t like it when some one hates on the am I the only one who phrase threads.....I would but momma said of you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything. I didn’t see a dig either, just another conversation to kill some time while were waiting for deer season to begin. I guess there is always someone around the fire that I’ll just walk away from

krizia829

That's cool I completely understand. Sometimes words are interpreted in a way that rub off the wrong way. That's what I meant by negative opinion. I know not everyone can afford the latest and greatest, heck I'm one of them!! But, as I stated, it's just to start a friendly conversation while killing time at work waiting for hunting season to begin. I can see how some of these threads can annoy some folks but there are still some who enjoy them too. I like to read every reply I get and will always respect everyone's opinions whether they like my post or not. I don't post threads like this one to "dig" at people who hunt differently. I wish I can even hunt half as much as most of the people on here do. You interpreted my thread the complete opposite of what I intended it to be. But hey, to each his own! Good luck this season!

krizia829

I think I’m gonna start a am I the only one who doesn’t like it when some one hates on the am I the only one who phrase threads.....I would but momma said of you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything. I didn’t see a dig either, just another conversation to kill some time while were waiting for deer season to begin. I guess there is always someone around the fire that I’ll just walk away from
Yup!!

Kris87

I take it as just conversation. If I’m not interested or don’t like the subject.....I just move on. If y’all dislike the subjects so much, why visit the site ?

I don't dislike the subjects. I dislike the posts every year telling others the way they hunt isn't right or isn't the same as they way they hunt. Never a reason to ever question someone else's methods unless illegal or unethical. Just my opinion. If someone wants to discuss topics, I'd suggest starting them in a fashion other than "Am I the only one" manner. Just my $.02.

across the river

And I would in no way take any offense to it. Walk away. If you get you feelings hurt that easy, we probably wouldn’t get along anyway. I’m not much on holding hands and singing kumbaya anyway, and you can learn a lot from people with different opinions and ideas. It a forum for goodness sake. I was stating an opinion. Opinions are like ..... well you get the point. There are countless threads on here where people post stuff “insinuating” that they way people hunt or don’t hunt is wrong, or isnt as challenging as how they hunt, etc.. If he was simply trying to start a discussion, great. I hunt with an old bow too. However, when you start a line with “Am I the only one” you are projecting, right or wrong, that others who don’t fit into that category in a negative connotation. I’m not the only one who thought that, so it isn’t just me. Good luck at your next fire.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I don't dislike the subjects. I dislike the posts every year telling others the way they hunt isn't right or isn't the same as they way they hunt. Never a reason to ever question someone else's methods unless illegal or unethical. Just my opinion. If someone wants to discuss topics, I'd suggest starting them in a fashion other than "Am I the only one" manner. Just my $.02.
Because every time.... The answer is "no, you're not the only one". You're just as "not special" as me :LOL:

Hillbilly stalker

I hear what your saying.....I just didn’t get that vibe or take the post that way. And I believe the OP stated that wasn’t his intentions.?Hard to tell on the net sometimes. Responding to post #38.