another Georgia Football Thug

W4DSB

"ATHENS, Ga. — Georgia defensive end Michael Lemon was suspended by coach Mark Richt on Thursday after he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery and felony aggravated battery.

Lemon’s arrest followed an alleged fight with another University of Georgia student on Saturday. Lemon allegedly punched DeMarius Jackson, who suffered a fractured left eye socket.

Georgia issued a statement which referred to athletic association policy that a student-athlete charged with a felony offense is given an indefinite suspension pending an investigation.

Lemon’s arrest closely followed the arrests of two players, offensive linemen Justin Anderson and Trinton Sturdivant, on misdemeanor battery charges on Monday night. The arrests followed accusations that they rubbed the stomach of a pregnant woman, Trina Bailey, without permission.

Seven Georgia players have been arrested since the end of the 2007 season.

“I’m certainly disappointed in a few of our players who have made poor decisions during the offseason,� Richt said. “It is of great concern and we take it very seriously. They will be dealt with accordingly and will pay a price. Each one will be disciplined based on the severity of their actions.�

Lemon, a sophomore, is a third-string defensive end. He was booked at the Athens-Clarke County jail Thursday morning and released on $2,500 bond.

Richt said that sophomore offensive guard Clint Boling will be suspended for the first two games of the season following an alcohol-related arrest in the spring.

Senior defensive end Jeremy Lomax, charged in early June with speeding and carrying a concealed weapon, has been exonerated of the concealed weapon charge.

Richt also said he is “extremely excited about what the vast majority of our team has been doing on a daily basis this summer.�

Richt noted “virtually every one of our players is giving back to the community this summer.� The coach listed his players joining a mission trip to Honduras and working on projects for Habitat for Humanity, at Camp Sunshine and other projects.

Richt said the football team posted a 3.23 grade point average in the most recent semester."

© 2008, The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Ok. So if some punk was messing with your girlfriend or wife you would just let it go? Sorry but we don't have new millinium nancy boys playing for us. We still have a pair. But hey you go ahead and call us thugs if you want. After we beat your team you can just call us sir.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Yeah, I hate to see them boys getting into so much trouble......................but it's just funny that you are on here throwing stones as if your Vols are all inocent of any wrong doing......................I don't care who you cheer for there are gonna be problems that is just part of it.........................Sadly it has been more a part of it in Athens this summer:banginghe The Lomax kid is gonna get in trouble for his incident and should but, the thing with the touching of that gals belly sounds like absolute crap to me............

Unicoidawg

Staff member

W4DSB

Notice who wrote the facts didn't list their team! Probably an FSU fan!

you must be new around here or you would know who i pull for!
And you would know about my avatar

W4DSB

Ok. So if some punk was messing with your girlfriend or wife you would just let it go? Sorry but we don't have new millinium nancy boys playing for us. We still have a pair. But hey you go ahead and call us thugs if you want. After we beat your team you can just call us sir.
Call you Sir I think Not!

theres a difference in defending your girl as opposed to beating the crap out of the guy , so I guess in your world your girl talking is forbidden!
Demarius Jackson, 20, of Albany, told police that Lemon sucker-punched him at a cookout Saturday night at an apartment complex.

The 20-year-old Lemon, a 6-foot-4, 274-pounder, accused Jackson of talking to his girlfriend, according to Jackson and witnesses.

The police report said Lemon punched Jackson about five times before he was pulled off.

A conviction on an aggravated battery charges carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

SO I hope he has a "couple " as you put it if he gets 20 years the will need them - OR NOT :rofl::rofl:

dixie

Lemon’s arrest closely followed the arrests of two players, offensive linemen Justin Anderson and Trinton Sturdivant, on misdemeanor battery charges on Monday night. The arrests followed accusations that they rubbed the stomach of a pregnant woman, Trina Bailey, without permission.-------------------------------------Is this REALLY battery??? I mean, my goodness, touching without permission is one thing, but to call it battery is going a little far

W4DSB

it's just funny that you are on here throwing stones as if your Vols are all inocent of any wrong doing......................I don't care who you cheer for there are gonna be problems that is just part of it........................

Like the Dog supporters on here didn't do the same thing for months after the last VOL issues........Just posting the Facts !

irishleprechaun

I think Thugs is an overused word here and just used to stir up trouble. If a player is charged and CONVICTED of a felony, then they are a CRIMINAL. At that point the NCAA should not allow them to participate in college sport. If it is a misdemenor then the team should discipline in accordance with conference guidelines.

This is a problem almost every team has, be it Carolina, UGA, FLA, LSU, Tenn, ALA, etc. No one can really throw stones on this one... it is an overall social problem

No one should ever punch someone in the face so hard as to cause a fracture, no matter what the circumstance. It takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight than to engage in one...

T

tuffdawg

I second that motion.

sleeze

Like the Dog supporters on here didn't do the same thing for months after the last VOL issues........Just posting the Facts !

Some , not all fans, can give it but cant take it. Some can be little sensitive at times. I admit i can get sensitive towards the Gators, sometimes.

Fact is, all schools have troublemakers.

creekbender

we'll still be alright come saturday aug 30th 2008 @ 12:30 between the hedges .

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitetail3

all the man was doing was pretecting his girl.
i mean what he did was wrong but im sure that some of you guys would do the same.

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
So Richt will have them all back in time?:bounce:
It is a "team", someone else will get the opportunity to play and contribute to a winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitetail3

everyone who thinks he did the right thing should go listen to the song never again by nickel back.
make sure the kids arent in the room cause of some language.

creekbender

So Richt will have them all back in time?:bounce:

it dont matter if "THEM ALL" will be back there more players out there wanting the opportunity to play between the hedges !
GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Another Georgia football thug..

I think that's hilarious coming from a Vol...:rofl: Talk about a hyprocrit.. You Vols don't like being called Thugs and you turn right around and do the same thing...:cry::cry:

Our whole team could get arrested and you guys would still be in the lead for convictions...:rofl::rofl::rofl: