Arrest made in UGA murder

Arrow3

Jose Antonio Ibarra has been arrested and being charged with the following in the murder of Laken Riley, nursing student in Athens. Authorities say Ibarra is 26 years old, not a student nor a US citizen. The two did not know each other.

(no photo released yet)

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Aggravated Assault
Aggravated Battery
False Imprisonment
Kidnapping
Hindering 911 Call
Concealing Death of Another

• Angry
Reactions: Dub

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Jose Antonio Ibarra has been arrested and being charged with the following in the murder of Laken Riley, nursing student in Athens. Authorities say Ibarra is 26 years old, not a student nor a US citizen. The two did not know each other.

(no photo released yet)

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Aggravated Assault
Aggravated Battery
False Imprisonment
Kidnapping
Hindering 911 Call
What's missing? :

Being in this country illegally... and a possible spy for a foreign country.

DannyW

(no photo released yet)

Malice Murder
Felony Murder
Aggravated Assault
Aggravated Battery
False Imprisonment
Kidnapping
Hindering 911 Call

We had him at one point! He was in DHS custody in September of 2022, then released due to "over crowding". He came here from Venezuela, and the US Customs ignored the "first safe country" agreement with Mexico.

My wife brought up an interesting point this morning, what did his rap sheet look like before he came to the US? I doubt US Customs knows, and even if they bothered to check, you and I will never know. Probably a career thug who HAD to leave Venezuela to stay out of prison.

The way the border is being handled is criminal.

glynr329

Just wondering if a family member decided to get revenge after they let him go. Will they get the death penalty for killing a sweet illegal just wanting a better life. Just another thought how many prisoners from other countries were dumped at the board. I can tell you if I were president of any of them my answer would be all of them.